I am a freelancer from Estonia and I would like to work in United Kingdom for two or three months this summer.
I have two years experience in PHP+MySQL/PostrgeSQL programming and I am also very good in Flash and ActionScript, so I think that I can be very useful. Thus, my salary will be much less than the usual salary of PHP programmers.
As I know it is impossible to find the work through sites like cwjobs.co.uk for non-english people. I have some friends in UK, but they are not people, who can really help me.
I want to get a Macromedia Certificate as a Flash Designer or/and Flash Developer. Will it help me to find the work? Or are there other certificates which can help me?
A certificate can help, but you have to find out if the benefit outways the cost.
You need to market yourself as a freelancer.
1. Find out what you want to do
2. Write out ideas on "What is your edge?, why should people hire you?", etc
3. Define and Set a goal (you've done this).
4. Draw up a CV (or Resume)
5. Get a website which promotes your work - your online CV does not have to have all your details on if you feel uneasy with this.
6. If you've worked in the past, and you've had good relations with your former employers - try getting testimonials or some kind of letter of recommendation.
If you're looking for contract jobs try:
I would also try looking on www.yell.com, it is a phone directory yes, but I would look for recruitment agencies/employment agencies... and look into joining up with them, these guys phone you when they have a vacancy. It can't hurt to register with them.
check out the more IT orientated agencies in the UK.