SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi There,

I am wondering if someone has in own toolbox the layer script that will do something like this: http://www.mediatemple.net (look for mouseover main menu layer system)

The menu there acts so wicked. I wonder how they did did? Masking the layers?

Best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ that is one sweet script. What they did is put everything that is initially above the white line (the one under company, newroom, webhosting, etc.) in a layer called "topbar" with a z-index of 5. Then they have one transparent layer called clear2 (z-index of 6) that goes on top of topbar and gets any mouseovers (when it's visible), which it uses to send any menu items that are currently down back up . Below is another transparent layer called clear which gets all mouseovers below the top menu (z-index of 3).

These two clear layers are only made visible (which lets them get all mouseovers on the page) when one of the menu items is down. Once the clear layers are mouseovered, they send all menu items back up, and then become hidden again, so that the rest of the page can be "mouseovered", so to speak.

Now, each menu layer has a z-index of 4, meaning that it will go under the layers "topbar" and "clear2", but over "clear". So when the layer looks like it's being masked, it's that topbar is on top of each menu item.
    Last edited by Anarchos; May 20, 2001 at 08:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree,

This is one sweet script.

I have also broke it down within DRMWR. Still, it's kinda time consuming to re-create...

Best Regards,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This script does a similar thing: http://www.dhtmlcentral.com/script/script14.asp