SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: xml and php??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xml and php??

im building a flash site for a friend.. he is a photographer.. so it is just a fairly small portfolio of work.. he needs some sort of content management... I was thinking of just using xml because Flash can load xml as objects and go from there.. my problem is parsing xml with PHP and writing xml files with PHP....

i found an xml_doc class that is supposed to be able to parse xml and write it.. but i don't do much object oriented PHP and am confused on how to use it.. you can DL it here... www.mortiventi.com/obj_xml.zip.... I don't neccasarily need OOP for this.. that was just something i looked into and found.. so if someone else has another solution go for it..

so to recap.. Id like to write a small cms for my friend that utilizes XML.. just to simplify things on the flash end.. but having a hard time with this PHP and XML... If i could figure out how to use this xml_doc class i think i could do it..

if anyone has any other suggestions or knows of an easier way please let me know.....
    Aaron Smith
    smithaaronlee.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as I understend, you need to made talking between php and flash?

maybe use simple call php-file with _GET parameters and make an xml-answer throw concatention in php?
    She's my german fraulein