SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help a fellow...

I'm pissed. As pissed as I've ever been. Although I'd love to be a full time webmaster but right now I'm still a M-F 7-5...6..7...er and I truely value my weekends.

Today I spent over 5 hours with my pregnant wife at the Chevrolet dealer where I live in Houston, TX only to find out that I was played and had been lied to the entire time I had been there. I work as a buyer for a living and I've never been bent over like a I was today. In the end it was blatent and truely a scumbag operation.

I know many of you have been through something similar and have chills that run through your body when you think about the thought of buying a new car.

I also know not all dealers suck, but the ones at Bill Heard Chevrolet in Houston Texas sure as hell do.

Basically I got sucked in for a full day, was lied to the entire time by my sales rep and his manager so they could try and seal the deal with me at a much higher price and APR than we had negotiated. They wasted my time and totally screwed me over. Needless to say I blew a gasket. I assume this is a calculated move as they think they will get over on a certain amount of the people that come in. Well I say BS. They think I will go away into the sunset but they don't know about the breed of people that are like you and me. Webmasters that have the ability to share our experiences with the world and put evil scumbags in their place. I'm not going to let that happen. Just this afternoon I registered and put up www.bill-heard-chevrolet-lies.com and have put up a welcome/synopsis page. I plan to have the full story up within the next week.

My plan is to get on the first page of Google, Yahoo and MSN for "Bill Heard Chevrolet" just to show them you can't treat people that way without any negative retribution.

If you have been in this situation before or feel where I'm coming from I'd greatly appreciate a link to www.bill-heard-chevrolet-lies.com to help me show the mega car dealer that can't treat people like a number.

Thanks in advance to anyone that took the time to read this.

BGray
    Last edited by bgray; Feb 20, 2005 at 05:40.
    I run an insurance company directory at InsuranceCompanies.net

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technically self-promotion is not allowed in the forums.

I am from Sugar Land though (where Bill Heard is located) and I have heard very similiar stories to yours. The best advice I can give you is to tell your friends not to shop there and give them your reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Hartman. I"m very well aware of the SitePoint rules and appreciate your consideration. I'm from Sugar Land too (New Territory). I can assure you I have no self promotion motives here. There are no ads on this site and will be no outgoing links to any other site.

I'm just chapped at how these bulk dealers think they can treat people.
    I've learned my lesson and wish I'd taken advice similar to yours before I walked in the door there.

Thanks for the reply.

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, maybe the Texas SitePoint Meetup would cheer you up

SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy dc dalton's Avatar
    Right behind you, watching, always watching.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well even though you MAY be breaking the rules I SAY YOU GO BOY!

This country has turned into such a bunch of spineless whimps who refuse to say ONE WORD that may rock the boat, or stand up for themsleves that these freaking corporate SWINE think they can do anything and get away with it!

I will make sure I find a spot or two to add your link ........ STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS AND SAY BS TO THE CORPORATE SWINE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks dc. I appreciate it. I've gotten a chance to cool down a bit but not enough to stop me from reaching the end goal.

Hartman: Nice! I'm going to do my best to attend.

Mods: I know this thread is on the line with the rules. If you feel It should be deleted or moved I understand.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That sucks dude, good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sucks :\

Talking about cars, I hate how every other TV commercial is a car commercial
    Nick . all that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream
    Show someone you care, send them a virtual flower.
    Good deals on men's watches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say screw buying new, just go used - it's the way to go. Save yourself thousands for a 98+ of whatever you're looking at. New vs A few yrs old isn't much difference. I'm currently looking at Lexus GS's. Because I'm looking at the first year the current body style came out, they're only around 13-14 with not so high mileage as opposed to over 35grand probably, new. I hate snakey car salesman tho. Just go in there and don't let them walk all over you, don't be afraid to speak up or to give them a piece of your mind, and never forget the point that you can always WALK AWAY - that's the #1 best thing you can do when negotiating.