SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Question I know has an easy answer...CocoaMysql

How do I install and run CocoaMysql?

Do I have to type a command line to call it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...ok 20 views and no answer, let me elaborate..

Look at THIS PAGE and you will see the snap shot of what the CCMyscl installer is SUPPOSE to look like.

The decompressed file that I end up with is a folder with script files in it, which I do not know how to execute.

So with this info, can anyone help? Is Stuffit unzipping the file incorrectly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Mystery Over

Apparently both the linked files on CCmysql's home page (http://cocoamysql.sourceforge.net/) are SOURCE folders even though one is labeled .dmg. When I instead use this link I recieved the packet with the launch icon.

(relevent to v.05)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How I started using CocoaMySQL

First, since my installation of MySQL is version 4.1.10-standard, the official release version of CocoaMySQL, version 0.5, doesn't work. Therefore, I found Stuart Glenn's version, version 0.6.3, to be the solution. You can find this version here.

1. Just download to Mac OS X and run the .dmg installer to get the standard OS X .app file on your desktop. Copy it and the associated files to a folder on your hard drive.
    2. Double click the CocoaMySQL application to launch it.
    3. Immediately, you'll see the following log-in panel drop from the top of the window:

4. Enter your "host" as a minimum, but if you're doing development or production work on a local install of MySQL, your fields will look like mine:

5. Now's a good time to select from the pop-up window at the top "Save as favorite..." because if all goes well and you connect, then in the future, you can select this favorite from the same pop-up window so bypass typing in your values.

I've been running with CocoaMySQL-SBG (v0.6.3) for about an hour of connect/up-time with no problems. I've done basic SELECTs and SELECTs with joins without a hitch. I've also been successful creating new tables within a database by sending a CREATE query. I haven't tried creating new databases, or tables in databases, using the graphical controls in CocoaMySQL-SBG for fear of not understanding each controls exact SQL statement (and hence losing control over my project).

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Stuke; Feb 22, 2005 at 15:52. Reason: more experience with CocoaMySQL-SBG
    Stuke
    Mac OS X (10.3.8) with Apache HTTP Server Version 1.3
    mysql-standard-4.1.10-apple-darwin7.7.0-powerpc
    Entropy-PHP-5.0.3-1