SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm putting together a site for an organization and need to keep it as simple as possible so they can do most of the maintenance themselves. We'll see how that goes, I may do some maintenance eventually. Anyway, I need to show geographical locations of the members and correspond them with a legend (info about each location). I can do this with graphics fairly easily, but if they want to be able to modify the locations on the map, graphics won't work well. My idea is to put the basic map (northern CA) as the background to a table, then cover the map with a grid of cells that numbers can be added or removed when needed. So the end product should look like a map of northern CA with numbers scattered around where the members are located.

My question. Is there a good way to create a grid of cells that are fairly small in pixel size and don't do strange things when you type in them? I'd have to create it in either FP or DW, altho, I've only had DW for a day!

Dino

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one of the cases were Flash might be a better solution than HTML...it's really easy to create a flash that gets names and coordinates from a text file and then uses graphics to place the persons on the map....the only thing
    you'll need to do is to adjust textfile to adjust the site.

my2c