SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using Fireworks/Dreamweaver 4, and have imported a set of nav bar buttons WITH pop-up menus into a table in Dreamweaver. I set the alignment for the cell in the table to align right, so when the resolution changes it will adjust.....problem is, when the nav bar buttons move, the pop-ups do not.

Is there a way to attach the pop-ups to the drop menus, so as the nav buttons move, the pop-ups move with them??

Thanks,
    Stretch

Procrastinator Extraordinaire lucas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the reason its doing this is because its absolutely positioned within your code, there may be a way to make it relatively positioned, but i don't know anything about dreamweaver's code.

as an alternative, you can check out the hiermenus at www.dhtml.com. they can be absolutely or relatively positioned and seem to be the most compatible dhtml menus available at the current time.

another note, relatively positioned drop down menus will never look as good as absolutely positioned ones. depending on where the surfer puts their mouse on your navbar, the menu could popup up under the button, or half way on the button. you'll see what i mean if you implement them that way. the best way in my opinion to use drop down menus is absolutely positioned, with the navbar aligned left. (look at my site for an example.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey,
    sorry but i would like to know how to attache a new widow (pops-up) when a BUTTON is clicked ??,
    i mean when somebody clicks on a button "vote", a new window appears with the results

Brian
    BrianStudio - the webdesign company
    Professional & Affordable
    Brian Dove - Senior Graphic Designer
    Direct Hire: info@brianstudio.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by koolbrian
    hey,
    sorry but i would like to know how to attache a new widow (pops-up) when a BUTTON is clicked ??,
    i mean when somebody clicks on a button "vote", a new window appears with the results

Brian
    use a normal pop-up window script.
    (when a user clicks on a link, a pop-up window opens)

you should have an activation code in that <a> anchor tag. place that in your <form> tag and it'll do like what the normal link does.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
    -- Albert Einstein

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright