SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How do I "uninstall" Apache, Mysql and PHP on a mac OS X?

I am working on my first ecommerce site using ZenCart. My machine is a mac g4 running OSX 10.2. and I am attempting to set up Apache, Mysql and PHP for testing before I load the site up to the remote server.

I tried to set up a local server using a all-in-one installer called WebServerX Kit (http://wserverxkit.sourceforge.net/ ). When this option failed I wanted to remove it so that I could start fresh with better individual installations I found at Server Logistics (http://www.serverlogistics.com), but I am clueless how to do this without compromising the perfomance of my computer - the installer did not come with an Uninstaller. The Server Logistics versions of AMP will install in my user library folder so I was wondering if I should even be concerned with removing the WebServerX package? Will running this other version of AMP cause a conflict on my system?

Thanks for reading...

~Elk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mac OS X comes with Apache 1.31, and you can get PHP and MySQL from www.entropy.ch.

See the uninstallation instructions that came with the software you tried to install.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Maxor for your reply,

The problem is that there were no uninstall directions, as I stated.
    On entropy, while it is an excellent resource, the installs from server logistics are simpler and I prefer where they install the packages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I just went ahead and did a fresh install on my laptop. I'll fool with the desktop later when i have time.