Hi all. First post. I enjoy these forums very much! I have 2 questions which I haven't found answers to.

First, I am designing a site which deals with inventory of buyers and sellers. I want to keep track of the inventory of both on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. I realize that I can include a time stamp in my tables and simply query the DB to get this type of information. But to do that I would have to have all the TOTAL sales in 1 TABLE for both the buyers and sellers. I (think) I would like to have separate tables for DAILY inventory, MONTHLY inventory, etc!? But if this is possible (daily,weekly,monthly,yearly) I will need 4 more tables and I will need to some how "import" the daily info into the weekly table and "import" the weekly info into the monthly table and soforth.

I was wondering if anyone has experience in such a "system"? and how they were able to achieve this? Basically this is for user administration so that both the buyers and sellers can view there stats.

Secondly, I was wondering if there was a way to use (or any other means) a CREATE TABLE function to create a table with pre-existing columns when a new user is created and perhaps what the easiest way of doing this would be? An example of this would be would be like this board..and when a new user is created the new user has preset functions like "email","city",etc to login to. I am sure one could do this but I want this table to be unique to the userID which in turn will interact with other tables as in the case of cbs.sportsline.com (a fantasy league)

Much thanks. I hope this post was not too large or "general".
-PW