SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was my thread removed?

I posed a thread in the eCommerce board asking if people could review my site and give me some business advice. I checked back today and cannot find the thread. This was the link: http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/show...81#post1675781

Thanks.

Colin

$this->toCD-R(LP); vinyl-junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website reviews should be posted in the Website Reviews forum, but you must have a post count of 25 before you can do that. It's most likely the reason why your post was removed.

A couple of caveats: Posts to the General Chat forum do not count toward the 25 post count rule. In addition, the 25 posts must be "quality" posts. In other words, posts just as "Great job!", "Keep up the good work" and the like are not considered "quality" posts.

You might want to read SPF FAQ to familiarize yourself with the forum rules. There aren't a lot of them, but it's still good to know what they are.

Hope this helps.

<edit>What platinum said, too! The sticky thread platinum mentioned has a couple of other rules regarding website reviews. You want to be sure and read those.</edit>
    Music Around The World - Collecting tips, trade
    and want lists, album reviews, & more
    Showcase your music collection on the Web

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't me that removed it, but any website reviews need to go in the website reviews section (make sure you read the sticky thread in that forum as well).

edit: erm, what vinyl-junkie said

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks vinyl-junkie and platinum,

I don't see how I can contribute 25 "quality" posts, as I this is my first business/web-building experience. I have almost no knowlege in either area.

Thanks for the help.

Colin

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You don't need 25 posts for that section. You just need to review 3 other sites before submitting yours. Now surely you can offer opinions and advice for three other websites.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks stymiee,

Yes, I think I am much more capable of that. I did five small reviews tonight. Hopefully the admins will see that as sufficient. I'm going to try to repost my review request tomorrow.

Colin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also, be patient when it comes to website reviews. They all have to be approved manually and it may take a couple of days before yours is approved.