SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,
    i have created my web site (design) in Fireworks.Then i add some content in Dreamweaver 3.0 . But i have a problem. Because all the page of the site was design by me in fireworks,
    it becomes a "big" design (all the page). As you know, fireworks break them into small parts. That ends up with about 90 small parts. Could someone please tell me how to upload it. Each small part is saved as Jpeg automatically.I would really like to know how to upload it!. There is another thing which is not clear in my mind.When i upload the html of my site, all the pictures are unavailable ( red cross on top of it) .And i'm sure it's because the link to the image is not available. Does that mean that i have to upload each image, one by one, and then RE-LINK all the images source of my html file to the http:// link ????, if that's the case, I can't go further with my site. really many pictures (don't worry, no bandwidth nor time loading). Hope u understood my problem! if so, please help me!

second problem.
    I'm trying to make a search in my store. For this, the html code for the form is as follows

<FORM ACTION="http://www.vstore.com/cgi-bin/pagegen/vstorestuff/areacool/page.html" METHOD="GET">
    <B>Search: </B>
    <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="file" VALUE="/page/search/searchresults.spl">
    <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="mode" VALUE="search">
    <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="keywords" SIZE="20">
    <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Submit" NAME="Search">
    </FORM>

but the problem is that my site contain many stores, one "Gifts", another "Clothers",".........", and i need to provide all these searches from one text box. For this, i thought of inserting a drop down menu for the person to choose to search in what store. Please, hope u understand. (Like yahoo, "Search in this category, search everywhere")

Please, help me,
    Brian

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian, if you can "see" your design in DW, then it's ftp abilities should ensure your images get there. How are you importing the fireworks produced stuff to dw?
    Have you got a url?
    Can I see the code for a page? It may be an href problem.

H
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i save the design in fireworks, then i "export" from the "file"menu. It automatically export(and save) the file as an html document with the broken parts of images. After exporting the html document (fireworks) ,it breaks all the site into many parts and automatically saves it as a different XXX.gif . Then when i try to view the html that fireworks exported, all works fine!. But i'm afraid it won't work fine when i will upload as the image source won't be the same! maybe i should upload all the images ,without changing the name, to the same folder, as the images are saved as image.gif . IS that the solution??

Brian