SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok this is Silent_Assassain reporting in problems on his school's web site. I was assigned to make the schools splash page and I have encountered a "few" problems...

1). I have made the image...the image consists of a bear paw that has 4 fingers and a round paw on it. The entire image has been mapped so that I can click on each finger and the paw to goto completely different places. But I also want to have a mouse rollover script added to that so that when I scroll over a certain finger for instance it will show up a brandnew finger with the text "Home" on it. The text "Home" would represent where the link would take you if you clicked on the newly added image.

2). HOW do I do this????

I want have the entire image mapped all I need to do is just find some way to put in the script. Here is what I have attempted to do. I have made 5 separate images...4 fingers and 1 paw...I have put them all in the web editor (I'm using Claris Home Page 3.0 for Macintosh...but not by choice ) But when I went to upload the images into the editor I couldn't arrange them in the fashion that they need to be. They were either aligned verticaly or horizontaly. But I could never get them to arrange in the specific spots that I needed them. This is all that I have tried and I better get back to my school work now so Peace Out.

Thx for any help,
    Silent_Assassain
    [NAA]Silent_Assassain[NR] Imm nat as
    druank *** u tink iam!

Xbox why have you forsaken me? moospot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would use Macromedia Fireworks to make the image. It has a built in feature for making JS rollovers. It exports the code and everything for you. You can download an eval version for free on their site. I hope this is an option for you.

Other than that, you can search for the rollover javascript on one of those script sites.

Good Luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THX!!!!

Well....after a few hours of getting to know Macromedia Fireworks I have been able to successfully finish my project!!!! Thank you for all of your replies (the whole 2 of you that replied to my messages) thanks for your help.. i will be uploading a preview of it in a few days so u can check it out.
    Peace Out SitePoint World.
    [NAA]Silent_Assassain[NR] Imm nat as
    druank *** u tink iam!

Xbox why have you forsaken me? moospot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you got it to work! I love Fireworks. It makes my job soooooo much easier

Can't wait to see your site!