User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats!

My suggestion is just do a small wedding, family and close friends. You'll save a lot of money and probably be glad you did. I wish I would have, big weddings are a waste if your concerned about money.

SitePoint Enthusiast kachi_face's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I'm amazed everyone or most seem pessimistic. I dare say that very few of the pessimists here started their sites with the kind of goal and/or vision you have. most of us start out for fun..How do you expect to achieve what was never your primary purpose??

What do I mean?? If your goal and target is what you have defined it to be, then spend a little extra time to come up with an idea nobody had come up with and I'm sure with a little brains you'll make it. All the other internet successes were recorded that way.

If you want it badly enough, you'll get it...with a target of December 31st and equivalent determination...it's achievable.
    The Dot.NET Killer! - 3nity-face Media

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My advice would be to go for a website rather than an ebook. You sound like you have the skills and enthusiasm to write articles and could learn about how to put the site together. Build a site with a community element that you can grow and in time it will self perpetuate. Offer your articles to other sites and newsletters in your area in return for links back to your own site. Making money off content sites is getting easier. I would advise going for adsense rather than affiliate marketing (esp if you have a community) as you primary revenue source. Then there's no confusion that your articles are non-bias and informational. Learn about SEO but don't over-do it. As long as you are getting indexed time is better spent getting links (for traffic) and writing content.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edit
    Last edited by mimonza; Jun 15, 2006 at 05:04.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am making $15K+ monthly, but it took me 2.5 years to get there (working at 70-80 hours per week) and I did not earn anything (except for a few dollars here and there) those first 2.5 years. Once you get there though - it's only a few hours work a week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well not only do we make money, but we have an affiliate program that generates a good amount of Cash Flow for our affiliates.... so they make 10% of each sales when they sent traffic to our site and the visitor decides to purchase Auto Parts

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Autosending ebooks...

Quote Originally Posted by savingforwedding
    Wow. I never thought so many people would respond. You guys rock!...

My problem? Taking my precious little ebooks and setting up a system that will run like this:

1) Customer decides to purchase an ebook
    2) Customer pays with Paypal or Stormpay
    3) Transaction completes
    4) Customer is automatically sent ebook.

Now I've dabbled in autoresponders, but setting up this system eludes me. My webpage provider has a shoppingcart feature, but I am ashamed to say, it was all greek to me...and that was the tutorial page! My fiance was no help, as the university has no use for shopping carts on their pages.
    SFW,

Seems no one answered your obvious questions above, so I'll give it a shot...

Create your ebooks first, and output into a format you can have some control over, with security features that give a modicum of anti-copy features (pdf, exe based ebook, etc). Create some kind of style guide, after deciding on your ebook tool, and create standardized logos, header graphics, navigation links, etc, that will be in each and every book you do.

After you have a few done, spell checked, secured, and ready to put online, then get your own host. I have been using Hostrocket.com for over 4 years, and am very happy with them. They offer a FREE 25 meg account with no banners or popups, to get new users to upgrade to their paid accounts (which I think are a great value). Get your free hosting space at http://free.hostrocket.com .

From there, you can get a basic page site online to offer your ebooks, using links created on Paypals merchant pages.

If you want to do the auto delivery after Paypal payment, you'll have to upgrade to a good basic account that gives PHP and mySQL access, which Hostrocket has for even their cheapest paid hosting, at the Rocket ONE level, which gives you 10 mySQL databases.

With PHP and mySQL, you can then use any of a number of file serving ecommerce scripts, from $10 to $1000. I can recommend many, and have purchased several the past year. My favorite is a great value at only $19.95....check out RushTheWeb's eDelivery.

http://rushtheweb.com/edelivery.php

eDelivery offers instant download after Paypal purchase, tracking of sales, click to send or resend, and many nifty tools, at a heck of a price.

Your ebooks, a basic host, a Paypal account, and just this single script will get you started online with income very quickly, especially when you get the site listed in Google and other search tools.

My personal site (also doing ecommerce) does 5 million hits a year, and is VERY deeply visited by most search bots. Very helpful, because MY site is content heavy, and the products are also ebooks, or collections of them on CD.

With that going on, I can add a new project of mine to the front page of my main site (in a 'my projects' box on the bottom of the page, and within a week, sometimes less, Google has the new site indexed very nicely.

Not making thousands a month (yet), but my recently finished real life business plan for the site has opened my eyes to some very easy to accomplish goals that could create income up to $20k a month..all legal, all basic, and all well within my skill and business range....just have to take time from two part time jobs and 18 credit hours of college to implement them...

All in all, if you're still thinking ebooks, the above will get you going down the road, while cutting costs, and giving global access to your books. Think about it and see what you can come up with....hope this helps in some way.

I'm also developing my own affiliate program to help expand my CD sales...and have some recommendations there as well.

Rich

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo
    Thats a scam!!! You can get articles for under 25 cents an article!!!!
    I really don't appreciate my site being called a scam. We have a large list of writers who produce original up to date content. Not something you can find anywhere. Do you really think having the same old content as everyone else will help you one bit? So what about the people that write for sitepoint? You don't think writers should get paid?

What I think is a scam is someone selling the same old articles over and over.
    Last edited by iwinweekly.com; Jan 4, 2006 at 23:17.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!

The Mind's I ® silver trophy Dark Tranquility's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iwinweekly.com
    I really don't appreciate my site being called a scam. We have a large list of writers who produce original up to date content. Not something you can find anywhere. Do you really thinking having the same old content as everyone else will help you one bit? So what about the people that write for sitepoint? You don't think writers should get paid?

I totally agree with you iwinweekly.com, Constant content is great keep it up I am happy I was involved in such a big site it was a small contribution it is a contribution anyway

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy KLB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iwinweekly.com
    I really don't appreciate my site being called a scam. We have a large list of writers who produce original up to date content. Not something you can find anywhere. Do you really thinking having the same old content as everyone else will help you one bit? So what about the people that write for sitepoint? You don't think writers should get paid?

Agreed. Getting good quality unique content is expensive. I'm willing to pay $0.10 U.S. per word for articles that are 700 - 1,000+ words on topics I'm particularly interested in (hazardous materials transportation, environmental chemistry, etc.), but then again, I require exclusive Internet publishing rights. I'm also very finicky as to whom I'll buy articles from and they must provide me with their curriculum vitae (if you aren't familiar with this term, I'm probably not interested).
    Ken Barbalace: EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Blog, Careers)
    InternetSAR.org
    Volunteers Assist Search and Rescue via Internet
    My Firefox Theme: Classic Compact
    Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I not here to plug my site I'm her to defend it against Nintendo's uneducated comments. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people are scammers, but it is a quick way to make money on the Internet. If you're looking for long-term profit, you'll need to look above the veritable shrubbery of scammers and toward the redwoods of branching success.

Google and Yahoo did not become what they are now by being scammers.
    This post has implanted thoughts in your brain
    that are worth in excess of $1,000,000.

The Mind's I ® silver trophy Dark Tranquility's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    lol another mysterious 1 post holder with a miracle to earn money !!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, your actually right. Nobody knows me here. In fact, I just found this forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His post will be deleted soon just ignore it.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously a scam

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really think it's scam?

Give me one reason why you think it's a scam???

If you honestly looked at the site and checked out the forum there, then give me one reason why you think it's a scam????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy - Your using a referal link! Enough said. SPAM = SCAM

Anyways your post was deleted...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O.k, I just looked over the forum rules, and I apologize!

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were not allowed to do that.

But, atleast we are allowed to share the program.

http://www.studiotraffic.com

There, I am not using my referral link, I'm just simply showing this fellow that there is a way to make money online and I and thousands more can testify that.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile There is hope...

Dear Saving For A Wedding:

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jaime and I'm a spammer.

Your Friend,
    Jaime
    Last edited by Mike; Mar 25, 2005 at 21:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrupe
    Your Friend,
    Jaime, GDI affiliate

I'll will take the necessary steps to get you my referral link.
    Friend ???? Why dont you go over to dictionary.com and search for the meaning of friend!

And why would anyone take so much trouble to get your referral link ?

<---- These are true signs of spammers! Who say they are your friend, but infact their only friend is money.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy KLB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smartboyinuk
    <---- These are true signs of spammers! Who say they are your friend, but infact their only friend is money.
    Other signs of spammers include: a total lack of paragraph breaks, making the reading of their 600 word blob of text nearly impossible to read; promoting an off shore TLD (.ws) as actually having some cute meaning. WS = "web site", ya right. "Want suckers" is more like it. But wait the claim to be BBB members so they must be legit.

Whatever.
    Ken Barbalace: EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Blog, Careers)
    InternetSAR.org
    Volunteers Assist Search and Rescue via Internet
    My Firefox Theme: Classic Compact
    Based onFirefox's default theme but uses much less window space

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KLB
    Other signs of spammers include: a total lack of paragraph breaks
    With thousands of spelling mistakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ran a little search on Google and from this thread here -
    http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread15557.html

GDI appears to be some sort of "multi-level-marketing" plan (aka pyramid schemes) using .ws domains as the building blocks. If nothing else, looks like SPAM is its middle name
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by briantresco
    O.k, I just looked over the forum rules, and I apologize!

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were not allowed to do that.

But, atleast we are allowed to share the program.

There, I am not using my referral link, I'm just simply showing this fellow that there is a way to make money online and I and thousands more can testify that.
    Hi, briantresco, nice to see a fellow ST member here! Thought i was the 1st ST person to be here...

Anyway, just wanted to say that Studio traffic is one of the best programs on the interent to make money nowadays, and the company is honest and legitimate as well.
    However, Studio traffic is not only about making money, it has a very caring and helpful forum as well, and many many people had their lives changed for the better because of Studio Traffic. It has help people earn enough money to pay for their bills, rent and other expenses in their lives.
    Furthermore, u need not do much to earn the money: just autosurf for 100 websites a day, and u will get ur 1% of ur money daily. It's that simple.

Maybe anyone who is interested can check out the forum 1st. http://www.studiotraffic.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9
    Turn $1k into $3.65K in a year! Earn 1% of cash daily!