User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist lance_vincent's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PHP and MySQL 5 connection

This is urgent, please help me!!

I have just finished doing my web application in apache 2.0.50, php 4.3.8 and mysql 4.0.20a. Now im going to use replication for it, a two way replication. the problem is that two way replication doesnt go steady with mysql 4 if your using auto increment tables. so i wrote to mysql and said that this auto-increment problem was fixed with mysql 5. so i uninstall mysql 4 and changed it to 5. But now, i have a problem, i cant connect to mysql via browser with php, but i can connect to the database with the command promt. what am i doing wrong?

This is urgent, please help!!

Thanks Everyone!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you likely need to use msqli_connect instead of mysql_connect. I'm not 100% certain this is it, i'm not using PHP lately but seem to remember there is a change needed when you switch to mysql 4.1 or above. Check the PHP threads for info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, i have just read that one also, but i think that is available on php 5. now i upgraded to php 5, and everything is going smotthly. the last part is about the loding of module, now known as extension. everything that i uncomment seems to be detected, except php_mysql.dll!!! ****!! sorry for that one, but im desperate, this is urgent matter for me. PLease help me dave, can you ask others to post!! im uninstalling everything at i will try to start from scratch to make everything clean.

Thanks man!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you running on Windows XP by any chance? You didn't specify your OS. If you are look at using XAMPP at apachefriends.org this will set you up in no time. You can even upgrade mysql into the same directory spot (rename and move the old mysql directory). Last time I checked they had not updated mysql part to 4.1 from 4.0.x

XAMPP takes only a few minutes to install apache, php, mysql, phpmyadmin and more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, the *_li functions are for using a new "database", SQL-Lite. You can find more information on it elsewhere on these forums.

To solve the missing module problem, you'll have to copy your php_mysql.dll and libmysql.dll files into your system (WINDOWS/system32) folder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daveman
    Are you running on Windows XP by any chance? You didn't specify your OS. If you are look at using XAMPP at apachefriends.org this will set you up in no time. You can even upgrade mysql into the same directory spot (rename and move the old mysql directory). Last time I checked they had not updated mysql part to 4.1 from 4.0.x

XAMPP takes only a few minutes to install apache, php, mysql, phpmyadmin and more.

yes, im using xp. i have heard about xammp, but id like to setup the thing myself to gain knowledge about it. Ive heard its really good, nut it lacks mysql 5, remember? hehehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viflux
    Actually, the *_li functions are for using a new "database", SQL-Lite. You can find more information on it elsewhere on these forums.

To solve the missing module problem, you'll have to copy your php_mysql.dll and libmysql.dll files into your system (WINDOWS/system32) folder.

Thanks for the suggestion, ill be on it right now!!

Thanks man!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viflux

Thanks viflux!! now in phpinfo, mysql is present!! just one last question, im after mysql 5, and i have to use the new function mysqli_connect, will php_mysql.dll work or do i have to extend the php_mysqli.dll to support this?