SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Opera tabs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opera tabs

In firefox if i open three new tabs, and close the third one, it will switch to the second one, then if i close that it will switch to the first, in opera if i close the third it goes back to the 1st, which is really annoying.

Ive tried looking but ic ant seem where to find it, any ideas?

Thank you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't use Opera so I dont know what it is all about. And I also strongly recommend you to say GOOD BYE to Opera! But if you are addicted by Opera and don't want to leave it alone, then I am sure you would probabbly get a informative response from someone who is also addicted by Opera like you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, i use Firefox, Opera and IE all on a regular basis, secondly why even reply when you dont know the answer and thirdly im not 'addicted' to Opera, i was simply asking a question about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse
    secondly why even reply when you dont know the answer

I guess you are using Opera 7, arent you? I am sorry I cant say about that version, but I am using Opera 8 and it doesnt behave like you described. Closing a tab just goes one backwards. But then, its the new version and they might have changed that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using 8.00

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then I am sorry, I dont know.

SitePoint Wizard megamanXplosion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opera's way is better IMO. Opera switches back to the tab you were viewing before the current tab. If you have SitePoint(1), NeoWin(2), and MyOpera(3) open at the same time, and you switch from SitePoint to MyOpera and then close MyOpera, it will switch back to the SitePoint tab simply because it was what you were viewing before. This is incredibly convenient because it allows you to instantly get back to where you were before without having to constantly switch tabs. I just figured that I would explain how Opera chooses which tab to focus after you've closed another tab, since it seems that you do not understand why it's behaving the way it does. Perhaps you will find this behaviour better now that you understand it.

As for changing the way it works, you might be able to change it somewhere inside Preferences (Alt+P) -> Windows.