Okay, I've been playing around with PHP and MySQL for about half a year now. But now I've hit a roadblock What I want to do seems like there should be an easy way to do it, but I can't think of anything and I'm sure it's probably used by many databases. Here's an example of what I want:

Let's say I wanted a database that has rooms of a house and the things that you can find in them. I want to be able to view a page for each room that contains a description of the room and a list of things in it. I also want to be able to view a page for each "item", a description, and a list of where it can be found. In a kitchen, let's say you can find a sink, towels, and silverware. In the bathroom you can find a sink, towels, and a bathtub. It would seem okay to build a table called Rooms and a Table called Items and have each room/item be a different row. However, what if a room has 50 things in it? Or if a single item can be found in 50 different rooms? I don't want my Rooms table to have a field called "Item1", "Item2" ... "Item49", "Item50". That just seems a little ridiculous.

If anyone has an idea of how to do something like this, please post a reply. Thanks