SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi everyone, i am planning on having a playstation 2 site and i am having a ton of trouble thinking of a layout for my site. I have searched a lot of sites on the net for this particular topic but all i could come up with is how to design for a browser and how to make the navigation easy to use. I would like a step by step process or something to help me out for developing a layout for a website which i could use a reference. thanks everyone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playstation 2 users will know how to navigate around a playstation 2. Plagerise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehehe.

I've never come accross a tutorial that just went step by step though the process of html coding an entire site. Somebody should make one. I'm sure they have, somebody, smarter than me, will link you to one soon, probably.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I don' think that there is any kind of tutorial like this, but there are some steps you should take.

1. Think of your sites topic.
    2. Draw out a layout on paper.
    3. Using the sheet as a template try to make it real.
    a. You could use Dreamweaver's easy table creator feature to easily make this.
    b. Then, just apply the design you want within the tables.
    4. After this you are basically done. There are many great sites out there that help you make sites.

I use this process to build many sites and It works. Now if you want to think of a layout just go to http://www.coolhomepages.com. They have some inspiration. Hope this helps

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also check out www.freewebtemplates.com for inspiration.
    Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm..sounds like a good tutorial to write about then DarkMonkey.

MNazif, find a site which actually made a positive impression, that you want to create a site like that or something similar.

Go for that design/layout. thats your first step. now, don't go saving the entire design and editing from that site's design.

create the table layout etc. based on that design without looking at the design's source code. don't use any images or text from that site.
    if you got what i mean, just borrow the idea. but expand on it yourslef without any sole help from the design.

that should get you to where you want. at least its been working veyr well for me.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
    -- Albert Einstein