SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to use phplib tempaltes but use it twice. The reason is i want to be able to do something like

<html>
    <body>
    <table width="%table_width%">
    <tr>
    <td>
    {template_2}
    </tr>
    </td>
    </table>

let me explain.

Basically, i want to use phplib templates as they are for including actual templates inside (and some things internal to the script) but also want to use replacment variables, a bit like VB does.

%table_width% would thus be a replacement variable.

Now... each replacement variable will be an a name indexed array and i would parse the whole lot through phplib at the start of the script so they can then be used.

So what i really want is

- a version of phplib that i can use to just parse this array of replacement variables. I am sure the template class could be shortened quite a lot for this.
    - a change of variable name so that %sfds% is the "template" name instead of {sdfsdf}
    - ensure that both {table} and %table% would work and call the appropriate things.

Does that make sense to people? any suggestions?

Dumb PHP codin' cat
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris I am confused why not just use
    Code:
    <html> 
    <body> 
    <table width="{table_width}"> 
    <tr> 
    <td> 
    {template_2} 
    </tr> 
    </td> 
    </table>
    Why the need to try and use two differetn template systems here?
    Please don't PM me with questions.
    Use the forums, that is what they are here for.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    couple of reasons. let me explain a bit more what i am doing

the

{something}

tag will either refer to a name of a column in a database or another template. The script runs throught the columns (remember that bit you did for me) and passes all the info. The { } in the templates are then used. Otherwise it will be used for a template inside a template (although having this as a different tag system as well would be even better)

I want to seperate { } for this function from the replacement variables, so at to avoid a conflict if they do overlap. I guess it is to keep them seperate in the mind of the person using them more than any real need to do it. but also means that {table} and %table% say won't cause a problem.

on a side point freedy, have you any experience with the modified template class at:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpwidgets/

apparently it allows for conditionals inside templates. This would be cool, i use this in gossamer-threads template system you can do something like

%if user="blah"%
    %template%
    %endif%

i just wonder how they do it in this other place. I can't make head or tails of it.