SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Locating the database source file

Hello there, I'm new to Coldfusion development and have launched a teach myself program. This was progressing well until I changed over from my PC at work to a personal laptop (not connected to the internet) When setting out to locate the database file under data source I find that when I browse for the file it comes up with the following message . . . . .

"This applet displays a file-tree of the server to enable the user to browse its contents. Your browser is not configured correctly to use java applets. Please install the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) and be sure to install the browser plugins"

Whats the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is this a piece of required software I need to install on my laptop. Where can I get it and how do I configure it to work

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, welcome to SitePoint.

The Java Runtime Environment is a piece of software which allows programs written in the Java language to run on your computer, regardless of what make of computer you have (SGI, Windows/Intel, Macintosh)...

You can get it here: http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_xpi.jsp

This is not really a database related question. What database software do you use?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

The reason why I asked the question under database was because I get the error message when I try to locate the database file . . . .At the moment I'm using Access for self teaching purposes. Thanks