SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For testing purposes, I'd seriously like to have Netscape 3,4,6 and IE 3,4,5/5.5 loaded on my pc all at the same time. Well, when I say 'all at the same time', I don't (necessarily) mean all loaded up in the same session. What I mean is, I'd like to be able to test a web page using IE3, then close IE3, then load IE4, test the same page, then close it, then load IE5/5.5, etc. etc.

Does anyone know if this is technically possible? My gut feeling is that Windows won't be very happy allowing too many different versions of the same browser to exist on my system - even if I only have 1 version loaded at any one time.

I know that Net Mechanic offer some service where they can supply you with a browser snap shot for up to 14 different versions/platforms, but this is no good to me - I actually need to be able to fully test the functionality of a web site on all these different versions.

Hmmm....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have IE6, Mozzila, Netscape 4.6 & 6 plus Opera 5 all installed ed on the same PC.

You can't have more than one version of IE on a machine since version 5 apparantly. The only other problem I have found is Opera not bieng that happy sharing time with IE so I have to shut all IE windows down before checking with opera.

Only surf with IE all the others are for testin only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should check out http://www.anybrowser.com/ . It's not perfect but it is a help.

"This tool gives you the chance to actually view your site as others may see it. Seeing your site through your viewer’s eyes you can make your site more viewable and usable. "

affordable website design

:: sydney australia ::

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't have more than one copy of IE but you can set IE5 up so that it will view pages like IE4 for testing. Microsoft calls it "compatibility mode" and you can read more about it in this thread that I started just under a month ago.