User Tag List

Threaded View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duplicate please remove

am new to php and MySQL as well as web design as far as that goes. Thru some books, one of them being "Build your own Database driven website", and some online help I have put together a script that will upload multiples files into a directory and enter the appropriet info in to a db. Having completed a working form , I now want to add more info into the form. I want to add things like name, address, phone, etc. What is the proper way to setup the db to handle this new info? Each record that will contain name, address, phone, etc will need to be associated with several uploades files. I currently have a table called "uploads" in my db which stores the info about the individual files that get uploaded. Do I just add more fields to it, Or do I create a new table? Either way how will I make the associations. I may have rambled a bit, sorry for that. I am a little over my head and strugling to understand the theory as well as the practice of it all, but i am determined to get thru it. Thanks in advance.

I don't know if it makes any difference but, I wanted to mention that the number of files that will be associated with any one record could be 2-3 or as many as 10-12 or more. This number could be different for each record and will change as new documents get scanned and entered into the db.

Thanks
    Last edited by comtek; Feb 1, 2005 at 01:10. Reason: Duplicate