SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an event that occurs upon receiving results from a form submission?

Is there some sort of event that fires when a form that was submitted recieves its results? I'd like to call a js function when I get the results back from a submission.
    From here on, it's instinctual...even straight roads meander.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i think my thinking on that was a little off. let me be a little more clear on this. i am submitting a form to a php script, and I am returning the results via 'echo'...i think the page just clears out and i can add whatever content i want with the echo(), right?
    From here on, it's instinctual...even straight roads meander.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clicking submit will try to load your php page in the browser. First, a request is sent to the server asking for the php page. Before the server sends the page to the browser, it notices there is a .php extension in the page name--that is a signal to the server to call the php parser, which goes through your php page, and executes any php. Whatever is on the page after that gets sent to the browser. Then, the old page displayed in the browser disappears, and the browser starts loading the php page. The browser parses the file and displays any html it comes across. If it comes across something in <script> tags, like javascript, it calls the javacript parser, which then executes the javascript.
    Last edited by 7stud; Jan 31, 2005 at 18:37.