Hi all

I am doing my college project and I am creating something online for a clothing store.

I have the following problem:-

I have an array of lets garment colors like the one shown below in a form

<form method="post" action="path to script">
<input type="checkbox" id="colors[]" value="red" /> Red
<input type="checkbox" id="colors[]" value="blue" /> Blue
<input type="checkbox" id="colors[]" value="green" /> Green
<input type="checkbox" id="colors[]" value="yellow" /> Yellow
</form>

My problem is that I firstly want to insert the garment colors into the database, together with other information.So a table might have
fields like garment id, garment name, garment type and color with the garment color being an array cause a visitor may but more that one colotr garment etc.

I also want that information to be extracted at a later stage to display in an HTML form, so lets say Mr Jones wants to check his order on Januray 31,we will then output the colors of the garment that was purchased,(also taking into account that a buyer can buy a red garment only or he can but all the colours)

My last problem is that I want to be able to compare records,so I want to know how many reds garments were sold on January 31 or how many of a particular garment in certain color was returned.

I think that if I can get an idea of how to insert and then manipulate that information from an array I can achieve alot.

Sorry if this is a mouthful,please assist me

Now I posted this under the PHP section as well and a comment was made for me to use implode,so that will create CSV now if I do that how do I retrieve the data from the database and compare values to make reports like how mant reds and how many yellows were sold etc..

Please help
Didi

REgards
Didi