SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I am building a Php/Mysql subscription based service where the members will be charged on a monthly basis.

I built the service, but I don't know how to start charging the money...

I know that I could theoretically store the encrypted credit card information on my server and make the payment through authorize.net. ( I think, never done this before though). But I really don't want to keep any credit card information lying around ( you know what I mean )

Does anyone have any advice on this ?
    articles ?
    tools ?
    ASPs ?
    Do you know any site doing something like this ?

This should be a helpful thread.

Thanks in adance...

Marcel Pamphile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You would be wise to avoid storing credit card details. Storing that information has (at least in the UK) severe legal implications so it's worth checking out your legal standing before implementing anything that stores credit card numbers etc.

Unfortunately you have to store card details in order to charge a monthly subscription. I would think your best option would be to find an external company that can deal with the monthly subscriptions - that way you don't have the worry of looking adfter credit card details. I'm sure there are companies that can do this but I don't know of any myself.

********* Callithumpian silver trophy freakysid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Skunk that the easiest way to do this is have it handled by an online CC processor. This is going off into the area covered by the ecommerce forum. However, I do know that some CC processors will do recurrent (monthly) billing for you - so its all automated once the customer signs up! Can't remember who but I would check out www.worldpay.com and ibill.com for a start. But best to check out the ecommerce forum as this is where members who know more about this hang out

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Authorize.net has a built in recurring system. You can create any number of payment schedules and have a customers card charged automatically without you having to store the credit card info online at all.
    Marty H.