SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

It's Warmer in the Basement xxJoyfulxx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice and opinions on a PHP user management system

I need to have a user management system on one of my websites, but I'm not sure the best way to go about implementing this.

I would like to have or create this script in PHP, but since I only have basic PHP skills, I was wondering if anyone can point me towards a script that would do most of the things I need. If I have to modify it a slight amount to fit the site, that shouldn't be a problem. I just know that I don't have the knowledge to create something like this from scratch. (yet).

Here are the functions I need:

Allow clients of a company to log-into a secure area and view their account status and billing issues.

Log-in: Each client will be assigned a user name and password by the website admin. No registration options are needed.

After the client logs in they will be taken to a page where they can view their account (status) and also have a button to take them to the billing portion of their account. Where they will be able to see their balance and have payment options.

The account status portion of the page just needs to show the progress of their project and have a copy of their contract, invoices, other paperwork available in pdf to download and view. This area is fairly simple.

The billing page of the client system needs to be secure (obviously) and allow the client to use several options for payment. (credit card, paypal, the usual options)

I've been looking around hotscripts.com and I see some options that may fit my needs, but I thought I would take a stab and ask here first before I install and try out a bunch of scripts that would waste my time.

I would really love to write my own client management system for this, but I just don't have the knowledge.
    If I worked with someone who could write this, do you guys know about how much it would cost? ( i could repost this in the marketplace, but i'm not sure if i want to go that avenue yet ) So I just want you guys' opinions.

Thanks in advance for the advice

Joy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    does anyone know a solution for this? or where to start for beginners? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would start with Kevin Yank's Database Driven Website. It helped me put together a site simular to what you are asking for. My site is for softball team managers to enter their team and to be able to make changes as needed. It is password protected and that tutorial can be found here http://www.sitepoint.com/article/use...sessions-mysql also written by Kevin Yank. The PHP anthology is a great reference book but dont forget to visit the php manual http://www.php.net/docs.php and MySQL manual http://dev.mysql.com/doc/ for help and ideas with functions and querries. I am about as green as it gets but you can view some of my posts and work arounds. Hope this helps.

Steve