SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can Php access the Skype Voip API ?

I have been experimenting with the Skype Voice over Ip service www.Skype.com and was curious if anyone has been able to have php access the Skype api : http://www.skype.com/community/devzone/doc.html

I am particularly interested in determining the user status GET USERSTATUS and display different icons depending whether certain users are online with Skype or not.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just took a quick look, so I might be wrong. But as far as it seems to me there isnt a real Skype SDK yet, but only a kind of interface to the actual Skype application through the Windows messaging system. You could give the W32api extension a try, however it probably wont be the best solution.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. Your observation is probably correct, the Skype forums are talking about a com object that must be installed on the server, I just thought I'd ask a few Php advocates. Not much that php can't do. I want the linux / php server to detect if a Skype user is available and display the info.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is a COM interface you could probably access it through PHP's COM functions. However looking at the available options tells me a PHP/Skype solution will only work on Windows and not Unix.