User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Formpage validation returns an auto responded email

Hi folks
    Based on another thread in this forum (see the code beneth). I've a twist on this one and wonder if someone have an answer to solve this. I hope this post is in right forum. It is both PHP and MySQL related. Anyway here it goes..

Code:
    SELECT *
    FROM myTable
    WHERE active = '1' AND
    ( fname LIKE '%#FORM.search#%'
      OR sname LIKE '%#FORM.search#%'
      OR company LIKE '%#FORM.search#%' )
    Question 1: If the validation result of ENUM returns a value of =0 from my select query, then I want it to send out an auto respond email. Based on the =0 result to those clients who haven't complete their submission.

Question 2, is totally another issue but I give you a chance to figure this one out aswell: When I submit my form and save the info to the database and if it still missing information in certain fields. I want it to send an auto responded email request to the client and inform them that certain information is missing and needs to be send in for a complete submission.

wow..hhu..headache.. did you got that? Can't explain it more clear than this.
    Any help or ideas to pointing me in right direction would be very appreciated. Thanks
    /rz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why double post this? I've answered in the original thread you asked this in.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave,
    I saw your solution with an active enum or not and based on the result makes an action, which is a brilliant solution. Thank you so much. I also know that the auto respond email based on the active or/not result is an PHP thing.
    But, what about my Question 2? What if you have a textfield or datetime? I'm sorry if I can't see that your solution solves that aswell.
    /rz