SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. I'm going to set up a newsletter for my website, and I was wondering if anyone here has a favorite newsletter script or something..

Thanks,

PS-I think I'm going to try powerlist (powerscripts.com), it seems a pretty basic script, but I don't really know what else would I want from a mailing list script...

Are there any special features you found useful with a particular script?
    Duarte Carrilho da Graša
    RailsHelp.com: Searchable Rails reference
    CACA: Committee for the Annihilation of Complicated Acronyms

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out MyMail http://scripts.codingclick.com/MyMail/
    It was made by petesmc on these forums. It is an excelent program and is very feature rich.
    Have you ever been ripped off, lied to or cheated? If so, check out
    Baddealings.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Majordomo... very complicated, powerful, and preinstalled on most ISPs!

Owen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <shameless self promotion>
    Check out http://www.sitelogics.net/products/ my little production. a 50% discount on the script to yourself and any other SP member just because you guys are like my family

While were on the subject any inpu on Max-eMail would be fantastic. How could it be improved??

Thanks
    SiteOptions >> Services :: Products :: Contact
    Developers of PHP, C++, Visual Basic, MySQL, and more!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Noticed this new forum and saw mailing lists. While I'm here I'll thank steven for recommending it.

If you need a hig quality script that sends html email *hint* go with Max-eMail. It is a great script that I used to use before writing my own.

Thumbs up to Mad-Onion!

Also, if you want a very basic mailing list script, you could use Outlook express and BCC everyone the message although that could easily be classified as almost illegal because anyone that knows anything to do with computers could easily get the bcc'ed emails and spam them.

I suggest you decide what you need in a script: HTML email, Archive, Password protection, whatever else you need. Analyse the competition then choose who you should go with.

Good Luck on choosing a script and good luck to Max-eMail!

-Peter McNulty
    Author of MyMail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your suggestions ppl!

Owen: The first thing I tried was majordomo, but I think it was more like a mailed-forum script or something. Didn't really look like a newsletter. I know it probably can be adapted to make one, but I've already made a decision for another script:)

I think Max-eMail is really, really, really, really, really, really (alright, that's enough:) great. But first I want to try out to see if I can get many subscribers, and advertisers to a mailing list, because I've got a tight budget:)

So, I'll be using MyMail until I get enough subscribers/advertisers to profit from a script like Max-eMail!

good decision, wasn't it? :)

Anyways, mad-onion, I can't tell anything about the script, except I don't think anyone could really want more features than that, but in your features page, I think you could do it with bullet lists (<ul> to start, then <li> for each element, and </ul> to end [no </li>]). You can even do nested <ul>s, I haven't tried it, but I think It'd look pretty good, to replace the ~s and -s..

OK, I had an idea for a feature, goes for both scripts, people like to offer html mail, but it makes the newsletter signup box a lot bigger than just with an e-mail input, so you could have the person choose html or text after they signup, in that e-mail the program sends out (usually to test for a valid e-mail address I think), so it could send something like:

Thanks for subscribing.

If you can read html mail, go to http://blah.com/script.php?id=blah&html=yes to validate your subscription, if you can't, just go to http://blah.com/script.php?id=blah&html=no
    how do you like it?

Thanks again!
    Duarte Carrilho da Graša

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a problem with this spell checker thing in my last post so if you nitice anything weird there just ignore (I think it really screwed up, the word 'probably' somehow got in the beggining of my post, so there can be other problems like this, but I think it'll be 'readable'

thanks again for your suggestions!
    Duarte Carrilho da Graša