User Tag List

Thread: Syndication!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Syndication!

I come across many xml feeds, but do not how to make those XML Feeds use in my site.

some say you should syndicate either with PHP or javascript/

can any one help me in this connection in syndication of RSS Feeds.

Regards/

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you looking to syndicate your own content or are you looking to put syndicated content on your site? If you are looking to use other sites RSS feeds on your own site, you'll need to use an RSS aggregator to convert the XML feed into either PHP or Javascript code in order to have the display shown. I use Javascript to do this as I don't have PHP running on the rest of my site. I use a free online service called Feed2JS http://jade.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/feed/index.php to do this. Basically, find the XML logo on the site you want to use. Right click on it and save the address. Then go to Feed2JS and put the link in the form. It will format the feed for you and give you the code you'll need to place on your site. There are many other aggregators out there including FeedRoll, RSS Digest, Karp, Feedster, Jawfish, Gator etc.

To create a feed for your own content, requires sort of a reverse procedure. You'll need to find a site that can take your code and create a validated XML feed for you that you can display on your site along with that lovely XML button.