User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Help! mySQL to MSSQL

Greetings...
    I have created a .sql file vial myphpAdmin Export utility. I want to import this .sql file into Microsoft SQL.

The file generates a bunch of errors and never executes. Please, please help my find an answer.

I should mention that I don't have remote access to the mySQL server. I can only administer it through myphpAdmin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilkey
    Greetings...
    I have created a .sql file vial myphpAdmin Export utility. I want to import this .sql file into Microsoft SQL.

The file generates a bunch of errors and never executes. Please, please help my find an answer.

I should mention that I don't have remote access to the mySQL server. I can only administer it through myphpAdmin.
    MySQL and MSSQL differ in their implementation of the SQL.

You'll need to figure out how your MySQL tables correlate to MSSQL and convert them either by hand, or find a tool that does this.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the differences. If I wanted to minipulate the mysql dump file, what should I look for to change? When I tried to execute the mySQL dump file in Query Analyzer it didn't like the " ` " and something about auto_increment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cwilkey
    What are the differences. If I wanted to minipulate the mysql dump file, what should I look for to change? When I tried to execute the mySQL dump file in Query Analyzer it didn't like the " ` " and something about auto_increment.
    You have to look for the statements that aren't compatible with MSSQL and change them. The SQL isn't always compatible between the database systems so just modifying a few little quotes may not work. You may have actual data type, and structural issues to deal with.