User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

suckerfish mod req'd

Hey,

I thought everything was working www.avishack.com -using suckerfish menus to create contextual menus.

works in basically everything but IE - I know why. I am using the <div id='nav'> about 50 times on the page to create 50 individually different menus. Therefore the javascript code from suckerfish:

Code:
    navRoot = document.getElementById("nav");
    only pulls the first instance of the div. I wish I could do a wildcard in the search and assign them nav1, nav2,nav3 etc. and then each instance would by independant of the others and no conflicts.

Is there a way I can workaround using classes instead of ids to get thesuckerfish functionality?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    bART

Winemaster bronze trophy BonRouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried using an .htc file? If you do it like this, :hover works as it's supposed to in IE and it's not targetted specifically at your menu id.

Here's an example.

You really have to change your menus though - you can't use an id 50 times - that's what classes are for. If it's unique, use an id.

I hope this helps.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BonRouge - thanks for the suggestion. I ended up following the updated version of suckerfish [son of suckerfish] at http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/.

You were right - I needed to use classes instead of id's - the new suckerfish implementation within javascript is apparantly more stable than before. I have the function matching all 'li' tags - this works well for my needs.

By the way - the page you forwarded to me doesnt work under os x - safari1.2

cheers - bART

Winemaster bronze trophy BonRouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's interesting...

Hmmm... Safari, eh? Never thought about that one before...