0 Thread(s)
    Yes, over 100k/day in traffic.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fireklown
    yeah I do over 250k a day from just one of my sites. And have 23 total sites. I'm generally over 1m a day
    What are your sites?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do have, 10.000+ uniques per day, and I do have 100k+ pageviews per day if I may believe my webalizer stats.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anytime you're pulling above 100k impressions a day as long as you have halfway decent content and its not forum type ads you'll be making enough to live off. I've been able to make a living off my site since it cracked above 50k/day. Once I hit that I dropped all of my web development + hosting clients and I no longer have to deal with people

Everything I post tends to draw large amounts of traffic from the search engines. I monitor things like the forum and a number of other sources to find good search phrases to cover. I have 4 phrases that have sent above 10k each this month and a TON that have sent above 1k.

I've been looking to add writers if anybody believes they are capable I'm offering the 3 main ad blocks on any content a person writes. The only things I'm looking for are PC related guides. PM me if you have examples already written.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yup, there or there abouts.
    Follow me on Twitter, or find me on LinkedIn. Latest project: loanpayday.org.uk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My website is having semi-legal content (ROMs) so I'm having a hardtime getting accepted by ad networks. Though I'm seeing some big ROM sites that get accepted by Tribalfusion :S

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy someonewhois's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyer101
    Hey Aspen, I noticed this other post by you in which you said that $1000/day was not anything to write home about. Now you are saying 100K impressions/day is nothing special.

What is the 'DEALEO' brother? I will be starting work at a nation's top 20 law firm and they'll pay me a starting salary of $125K/year. Such positions come to only few top law students. But under your standards, this is not enough.

Not trying to criticize you or something but just trying to understand your mode of thinking
    Not to go off topic (and replying to a slightly older reply), but really, if someone tells you "OMG DUDE YOU'RE RICH!" with a $125,000 salary, I'd hope you're modest enough to say "Not really...". It obviously is a respectable salary to most people, especially people making 40,000 a year, but it's not being rich. Sure, I'd take $1,000/day in an instant, and sure I'd take 100,000 impressions a day, but it's not rich, and it's not unbelievable. There are many people out there that make much more than that... it's all relative.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Oh, and to stay on topic - which stats program shows impressions? AwStats shows hits, visits, uniques, and files... webalizer shows hits, files, pages, visits, but which one is considered impressions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think 'pages' are the impressions. Hits also includes images/external files like css/javascript.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy someonewhois's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kidbuu
    I think 'pages' are the impressions. Hits also includes images/external files like css/javascript.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. And "Files" would include CSS/JS, but "Pages" is just raw HTML.... makes sense.

Massimiliano Bruno Giordano sid egg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And, I am so proud of my 1,000 non-unique's a day....
    GamesLib.com - the slickest, most complete and
    easily navigatible flash games site on the web.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 1,600 hits for Jan and it's not even an advertised site. Just my design company which isn't technically even started.Pretty cool if you ask me.
    I run companies.

I run a blog too.
    StevenKovar.com

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, hits [we talking requests] do not mean anything. Some of my pages do 50 hits.

Do you mean pages?

this site:
    Movie Trailers

Only does about 1,200 uniques a day. And that is with traffic marketing and all other types of marketing. The site is really about 4 months old.

Ryan
    Upcoming Movies - Movie News. Updated Daily.
    Movie Trailers - Awesome trailer site. Nuff said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I meant pages.
    I run companies.

I run a blog too.
    StevenKovar.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, i'm just about reaching 800 pages a day! So, what, 125 times less than most of you at least?

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a site that has about 1600 pages opened a day. I want to hit 40,000 pages opened a day and then move to a dedicated server [which I will then have it host two separate sites, both doing the same thing, but from different angles]..

Does this site look respectable enough to get 100K hits a day?
    Movie Scoops

Thanks
    Ryan

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How the hell are you guys getting this traffic ? ? ?

HOW ?

fad (n): a craze; interest... Fahd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spend about $5-10K a month in advertising, this gets new people to my sites. Most cant resist the free email offer and signup and then keep coming back to check their email. Some signup and usually dont check back. A few will even upgrade to paid plans. Thats how I get my traffic for the most part. I dont waste time on SEO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Venix
    It's not how many visitors you have that counts, it's what you do with them . I have a page that generates a steady 200 $ ECPM, and gets about 8000 page views each month. I never made the page to make money off of it , I was just interested in the subject and I just discovered a while ago that my traffic was worth gold to some advertisers.
    Would love to see that page with the $200 eCPM!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahd
    I spend about $5-10K a month in advertising, this gets new people to my sites. Most cant resist the free email offer and signup and then keep coming back to check their email. Some signup and usually dont check back. A few will even upgrade to paid plans. Thats how I get my traffic for the most part. I dont waste time on SEO.
    Maybe SEO could save or at least cut down on your marketing costs, I don't see how that could be a waste of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on what your time is worth! If I can make a $1000 profit through a marketing campaign as opposed to a $500 profit through spending hours on SEO, I would much rather take the higher profit with a little investment and quick turnaround rather than the lower profit, long hours and much much slower turnaround.

I really dont see fadmail being listed as #1 in google for "free email" anytime soon. I think that place will always be held by hotmail, yahoo or maybe gmail if google plays with their algorithms a little. Way too much competition; oversaturated. And fadmail doesnt really have a niche. Its just an alternate option among many others.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you were creating a strictly content site, what would you consider a good first year of impressions.

Assuming you've only spent money on some textlinks with anchor text and post a lot in various forums?

My site, Movie Trailers, has been up and fully running [was in development for first three months] for about five months. It is serving about 70,000 page loads a month. Is that a good start?

I was looking into content site growth [sites that have the work put into their content] and the list said a good go is something like this:
    Year One: 50,000 Uniques
    Year Two: 500,000 Uniques
    Year Three: 1,000,000 to 1,500,000 Uniques
    Year four: 4,000,000 Uniques

Obviously page loads are exploding as well. These numbers are based on per year. Sound right?

THanks
    Ryan

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw over 425K (impressions) yesterday - Excluding the forum.

www.superdickery.com
    Last edited by lmiksch; Mar 3, 2005 at 09:39. Reason: Left something out

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you were creating a strictly content site, what would you consider a good first year of impressions.
    With my most popular site (my literature one) I started it in May and relaunched in in January of the following year under a different structure. Traffic that january was 30k, then 60k, then 90k, then 120k. So I was adding about 30k impressions per month. That continued for quite awhile. I was adding alot of content at this time though.

Now, all I really notice is that every new school year brings about 2 million more monthly impressions.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recieved 100k visitors in my sleep once

sorry

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, how did you start off with so many impressions? What did you do to start the first month at 30k?

Thanks
    ryan