User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist spoondevil's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Home Page - Customized For Each User

Hi

I'm currently developing a site, mainly for my group of friends to use on their work/home PC's as their home page for their browser.

Favourite Links... Firstly you'll have to register or log in and then you can view, edit, add your favourite links. These will be sortable by the amount of hits you've made on them, alphabetically or by the date added. You can also choose to make them public or private. If they are private, only you can view them, the public links will be available as another page, and anyone logged in can view these. They'll be sorted over the whole network.

Shoutbox... Leave messages for everyone or send private messages to individual users. These will also be archived, so you can go back to any date to view them.

Events Diary... These will also be public or private and you can save any event that is happening you like, birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, dentist visits, etc, etc.

I'm looking at building in a groups feature if more people than my immediate friends use the site.

Can anyone think of any other features that I can include on the site? I don't want it as big as sites like MySpace, but a custom one for myself that has the stuff we want, and nothing else.

As soon as I get it working, I'll paste a URL so anyone here can use it also.

Ian Gunter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    - News feeds?

IMO the best thing to do a survey for your friends to fill in, asking questions like: 'What do you do online" and "What sites do you frequently visit".

It's also a little hard to make suggestions without knowing your friends' age group.

SitePoint Evangelist spoondevil's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the News Feed idea, and may well incorporate the BBC one, when they start accepting people again.

Might steer clear of the survey though - too many emails of them knocking about.

I might set it up so people can have a blog though.

We are all aged between 20 & 30.

The Mind's I ® silver trophy Dark Tranquility's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Soccer stuff will be good for you sure as you r from the UK so may be some links/news about soccer