Hi all,
Once again, I am turning to the crew at sitepoint for help. I have always used PHP/MYSQL for database driven websites, until I was given my current project of working on my employer's intranet. Now, I have to make a simple easy database driven site using ASP/ADO and an access database. So far, things have been going ok, but I've hit a roadblock. This is what I'm trying to do...

I have a list of people that work in the water department and sewer department, their home and cell phone numbers, and a boolean entry for whether or not they are the on-call person for that department over the weekend. It will be updated via a simple form that is divided up into the two departments' personnel with a radio button selecting one person from each department as the 'on call' person, with an additional text field at the bottom to enter any misc notes. It's on the intranet so there's no way to ask someone to take a look at the code except to copy and paste it, so please don't mind the mess...

Code:

<!--#INCLUDE FILE="include/header.inc.txt"-->

<center><table border="0" width="100%">

<%

dim formresponse

dim check

if Request.form("formresponse")="" then

set rs = server.createobject("ADODB.recordset")

rs.open "select name, home, cell, pager, standby from waterguys where type='water'", conn

response.write("<tr><th colspan=5>Wastewater Standby Personnel</th></tr>" & vbCrLf)

response.write("<tr><th></th><th>Name</th><th>Home</th><th>Cell</th></tr>" & vbCrLf)

response.write("<form method=""post"" action=""edit_water.asp"">" & vbCrLf)

do until rs.EOF

if rs("standby")=True then 

check="<input type=""radio"" name=""waterstandby"" checked>"

else 

check="<input type=""radio"" name=""waterstandby"">"

end if

response.write("<tr><td>")

response.write(check)

response.write("<input type=""hidden"" name=""formresponse"" value=""" & formresponse & """></td>" & "<td><b>" & rs("name") & "</b></td><td>" & rs("home") & "</td><td>" & rs("cell") & "</td></tr>" & vbCrLf)

rs.movenext

loop

rs.open "select name, home, cell, pager, standby from waterguys where type='sewer'", conn

response.write("<tr><th colspan=""4"">Water Dept. Standby Personnel</th></tr>" & vbCrLf)

response.write("<tr><th></th><th>Name</th><th>Home</th><th>Cell</th></tr>" & vbCrLf)

do until rs.EOF

if rs("standby")=True then 

check="<input type=""radio"" name=""sewerstandby"" checked>" 

else 

check="<input type=""radio"" name=""sewerstandby"">"

end if

response.write("<tr><td>")

response.write(check)

response.write("</td>" & "<td><b>" & rs("name") & "</b></td><td>" & rs("home") & "</td><td>" & rs("cell") & "</td></tr>" & vbCrLf)

rs.movenext

loop

rs.open "select notetext from notes where noteid=1", conn

response.write("<tr><th colspan=""4"">Additional Notes</th></tr>" & vbCrLf)

response.write("<tr><td colspan=""4""><input type=""text"" size=""65"" name=""notetext"" value=""" & rs("notetext") & """></td></tr>" & vbCrLf) 

response.write("<tr><td colspan=""4""><center><input type=""submit"" value=""Submit Changes""></form></center></td></tr>" & vbCrLf) 

else

formresponse="y"

sql="UPDATE waterguys SET "

sql=sql & "standby='" & Request.form("waterstandby") & "',"

sql=sql & " WHERE type='water'"

on error resume next

conn.Execute sql

if err<>0 then

response.write("Cannot update")

else

response.write("Update was successful")

end if

end if

conn.close

%>

</table></center>

<!--#INCLUDE FILE="include/footer.inc.txt"-->

Note that I haven't attempted to get anything else except the water department people working.
No matter what I try to change, i always get the "cannot update" error messgae. Any help at all would be appreciated!!! Thanks!!!