Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've got a toothache

Non-Member bronze trophy geniusgoalie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I don't get is how he didn't notice the pain that must have followed a nail being launched an inch into his skull

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and the polls say...wear safety gear...just like the firefighters when around nail guns... i think there is one..cuz our woodwork teacher showed it to us... blah...n00bs :P.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That has to be the worst possible thing to happen to you. I will make sure to stop eating nails for dinner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I reckon that getting my wisdom teeth was more painful!!!! he he!!!

Seriously though, how could he not notice that! Lol!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hysteriaweb
    That has to be the worst possible thing to happen to you. I will make sure to stop eating nails for dinner.
    Hardley.

: Disclaimer - the following are sorta grotesque, proceed at your descresion :

I remember two articles on Fark.com talking about one guy who died after falling off a roof he was working on....in to the roofing tar vat (some 200 degrees). The other guy was a city worker who cleaned up branches with one of those big chipper shredders. Long story short, stuck branch, clear jam with foot, chipped to death.....feet first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geniusgoalie
    What I don't get is how he didn't notice the pain that must have followed a nail being launched an inch into his skull
    After hearing of this story, being the obsessive-compulsive-hypochondriac that I am, I made an appointment to have x-rays done to make sure that these chronic sinus allergies I've experience for the last few years aren't due to a 4 inch nail being embedded in my skull.
    My leg also shakes uncontrollably and I wet my pants when I come within 100 yards of a cell phone tower, but I'm not sure a nail in the brain would cause that. That probably has something to do with the chip implanted in the back of my neck.

--ed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember reading something a few months back about a guy who got something like 5 or 6 nails shot into his head. I think he fell off a roof or something and landed on a guy below who was holding a nail gun. Apparently, as they fell to the ground, the guy with the gun accidentally shot some nails into the other guy's head. No criminal investigation was ordered.

Now I'd like to give the guy with the gun the benefit of doubt, but come on. That is one crazy accident, and although totally possible, after the 3rd or 4th nail you have to imagine that this might be more than just an accident.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have serious doubts that everything on TV or in newspapers is true.

Non-Member bronze trophy geniusgoalie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by demosfen
    I have serious doubts that everything on TV or in newspapers is true.
    Of course not! I believe everything I hear on TV!
    And there is a WWII documentary on right now- I suggest that anyone that is not a heterosexual, caucasian, roman catholic with blue eyes and blonde hair vacate the country now.
    /me runs off chanting military commands auf Deutsch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. I really do have a toothache. Maybe I should go get my head examined for things like nails, bolts, small aircraft, etc...

It's been many years ago, but in one of the office buildings in a city not too far from here, about an hour away, an elevator got stuck, so the maintenance guy brought the other elevator (there were 2 side by side) up beside it, opened both side door panels and was about to step off into the stuck elevator. Well, when he put his foot on the other elevator, the weight shift was enough to jar it loose and it started going on up. He fell down the shaft, to the nice big reel of cables at the bottom. Basically... he became hamburger.

I think the chipper story is worse, though... probably took longer to die that way and thus involved a heck of a lot more suffering..