SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question pics with a digital camera in darkness

Hi,

I bought a digital camera last month. A Sony Cybershot.

I really love it but I donīt know how to make sharp pictures in rooms at night. I donīt like to use flash-light. Itīs too lightly and synthetic.

Do you have any hints for me?

oerdec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turn the flash down, increase the shutter speed (you are going to need a tripod or very very steady hands), increase the exposure and when using the flash, place your finger over half of it. Try messing around, you'll find a nice point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you shoot without flash indoors, you need a fixed camera, because the shutter will be too slow to hold it steady. What this means is you need to sit the camera on something. It can be a tripod, but it can also be something else like a mini bean bag or a handbag. Also you'll probably need to use the timer shoot because pressing the button will nudge the camera. So turn the flash off, set it into timer mode, sit the camera on something and shoot. Take your hand off the camera and it will take a picture, nice and steady.

Try not to point the camera at a bright source of light such as a lamp, because if you do everything else will be underexposed. If you know how to set exposure compensation on your camera, then you can compensate for this. Set it to +1 or +2 EV when there's a bright light source in frame indoors.
    [mmj] My magic jigsaw
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Bit Depth Blog · Twitter · Contact me
    Neon Javascript Framework · Jokes · Android stuff