SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All validates, but.....

I finally got the sites to look OK. Added a few fancy little graphics to give the pages a bit of "depth". They all validate and are fairly stable in IE6 but Firefox and Opera don't seem to be able to make sense of them, There is also an annoying right margin that I can't find a way to get rid of. If anybody can give me some clues here I would be most grateful.
    The url: AussiBiz The css will have to be PMd as I don't want to take the space to post it, it's a fairly big file.
    Justin of Oz
    Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, what do you want to know?
    AussiBiz.com
    WilliamsUniversal.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not seeing any right margin difference between Firefox Opera and IE. Are you sure you want construct the page basics with CSS? If the current page represents the format that you have in mind, you can get pretty much the same thing using simple tables. It would be a little easier to keep track of browser effects, if anything. Then a touch-up with CSS in the right places and presto! You've got no confusion.

Trust me, I could be wrong.

James

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello James and thanks for the reply. I have spent the last ten weeks learning CSS and am still learning. It has taken me years to finally get away from building sites with tables, which are the unstable bits in different resolutions.

I also find that the fluid design of these current pages is easy to manage, Just a bit of tweaking to do and I will be fully satisfied that I have made the right decision.

I am anxiously awaiting ClevaTrevas Designs new tool for creating the template. If it is as good as the one he has now, (and I have every confidence it will be much better), it will solve all my problems.

I just thought someone could tell me why the five ot ten pixel right-side orange coloured area is there and maybe tell me how to move the whole wrapper over to the right a little. I have tried all the configurations I could think of. It seems the answer will be the one I haven't been able to find.

I have used the same template in my other site at WilliamsUniversal and have exactly the same problem there except that it is an grey coloured strip down the right side. Annoying!
    Justin of Oz
    Knowledge is power, Power corrupts, what do you want to know?
    AussiBiz.com
    WilliamsUniversal.com