SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! trying to set up Outlook 2003 email accounts...

I am trying to set up POP email accounts through MS Outlook 2003 so that I can set up folders for my personal email as well as create folders for my various business email accounts. Can Outlook do this???

As it stands now, I had to create the files then set up rules to force it to deliver into the appropriate inbox. I still don't feel like it's set up properly. When I write an email, they all are from my primary account instead of each individual account.

I know I read something about setting up Microsoft server something. I know enough to get myself into trouble, but not enough to get myself out!!

I tried all the online tutorials and they show how to color code, etc., etc., but not the basic functions of setting up business emails.

I know there are several types of email such as POP, IMAP, etc., but I don't know which is best. I definately want to be sure to leave a copy of all emails on the server as well as Outlook.

Please help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having a similar problem

Heeeeelp!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tools->Email Accounts->Add New Account.

That should do it.

If your using Outlook then Exchange is the best but very few companies host Exchange mail. IMAP is pretty good If your leaving mail on your server. You can set up POP mail to leave mail on the server as well. For my domain mail I use POP3 and pull it off the server.

Edit:
    If your pulling mail from two or more mailboxes on one domain you may have some issues in Outlook. I know the problem existed in Outlook xp. Mozilla Thunderbird can handle this fine.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This should do it....

Start>>
    Control Panel>>
    Mail>>
    Show Profiles>>
    Click "prompt for profile to be used">>
    Add>>Type name of new profile
    Click Add New Email account>>
    Select type such as POP3>>

Then just set up the account.

That way each time you open Outlook, it will ask you which profile to open and everything is kept separate.

Works like a charm!