User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Comparison Prices

Hi,
    I need a script where I can have a table w/ 4 cols.
    Column 1 would have the variables listed, like
    • Cost per month
    • assistance services
    • housekeeping services
    • transportation
    • and so on.....

The second, third and fourth columns would have text boxes where users can enter a number value.
    Also, at the top of the columns should be text boxes where people can type in the name of each home they're comparing.
    It's for a retirement home. I want to be able to make fields where people can compare us to other retirement homes of their choice. I want them to be able to input the daily living expenses, like Housekeeping Services, Medication Assistance, Daily Living Assistance, and so on. People should be able to input the costs per month into each slot, then at the very end press a button that says "Compare". There should be a text box that tells them the results. I have looked all over the web for something like this, but I am limited by my knowledge of javascript.
    It would also be really great if when they press that "Compare" button, it also sends me an email of their input, so I can know what other homes charge, etc... Sneaky but helpful!
    I understand HTML, and do the site in Dreamweaver. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,
    Phlaeagls

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give you an initial estimate of $350 to write the script for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To generate an email to you without having to use the client's mail program (such as: Outlook, Thunderbird, Eudora), which means the client has to manually send the email, you will have to use a form on the page and a server-side script (a form can be sent without notification, a direct email cannot). Otherwise, it's a fairly straight-forward script, unless you want to use database-derived information, which sends it back to the server for a solution.