User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PHP Startup Error

Hi,

I have recently purchased a copy of Build your own DB Driven Website using PHP & MySQL (3rd edition) - Great Book by the way!
    I have followed the instructions and downloaded & installed the Mysql & PHP, but now every time my computer is started I get the following message.

"PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:PHP\ext\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found."

My Operating system is XP Prof, I am using the IIS server that comes with the OS . The PHP version I am trying to use is 5.0.2.2

I have been able to perform all the functions in the book ok until I reached the part where you try to connect to the Mysql DB using PHP. This where I get the error

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\jokelist.php on line 13"
    (Line 13 has the database connect function in it)

I am assuming this is because of the first error relating to the PHP startup.

I have rechecked that I have the extension directory and extension name correct in the PHP.ini file and have also checked that the php_mysql.dll does exist in the c:\PHP\ext directory.

I am very confused and don't know where to go to from here. I am hoping it is something really simple that I have overlooked.

Any Ideas?

Would greatly appreciate any help you could provide.

Thanks
    Matt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Thanks Heaps

Thanks drzoid, you are a legend. Perfect answer. Problem solved in about 2mins. Never would have worked that out for myself. Everything works a treat now.

THANKYOU!!