SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero_digit View Post
    for me Forums,directory, social bookmarking/Networking and some off line promotions are my best approach so far...
    These certainly are great steps for off-site SEO. You can have lots of these kinds of links in order for your contents to rank well.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting visitors depends on the site content mainly, niche and location. Offline marketing is a really good way to get visitors if your site is local and focused on a local business. If is international, then backlinks and e-mail marketing.

Best regards!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The promotion means to spreading.there are many promotion items are introduced every day the most recent way and tool is the internet to introduce your site or product,
    there are other promotion items which are as under.
    newspaper
    pamphlets
    magazines
    yellow pages
    t.v
    radio etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A nice way to get a whole lot of backlinks in your area of expertise is to release something for free. The blogging community nowadays is huge and you just have to nudge few bloggers to get the ball rolling.

As long as you maintain at least some decent quality both in your freebie and the relevant articles/blog posts, you will amass backlinks. A traditional time-tested approach is to release quality themes or plugins of popular softwares for free but with an enforced backlink. This really works!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think so too, important. When someone can provide ongoing content with great quality in it. Not only the search engines will crawl it but with people too. But having great quality content means you got lots work to do. We can always look for people who can help us (writer) to write on our blogs or ordinary articles.
    But things are to get pretty boring if you start with a new domain because it will takes lots of work to submit articles, posting comments on other blogs or forums. But with these activity, we will got an absolute back links.

SitePoint Enthusiast AmateurNight's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dethfire View Post
    Depending on your site, I think offline promotion is very underrated. When I was finished working on my school districts site not many people came in and looked around. SO since my target audience filled a 20 mile radius I decieded some offline promotion was needed. I found a place that would make me 1000 pencils with our name and URL printed on them for a real cheap price. I also bought 500 buisness cards avertising the site and district. I handed them out to all the schools and placed them out during conferences. People gobbled them up like crazy and soon big things started to happen. We increased out hits from 300/d to 1500/d and got a few articles in the news. Thats all for now, maybe I'll post more later.
    At last, somebody finally praises OFFLINE PROMOTION!!!

I think people/site and business owners are often bedazzled by online marketers' claims of this and that that they often relegate offline promotion to the background. But I have news for you: you should be using offline promotion to get your foot in into a lot of people's minds. Believe it or not, not everybody is connected to the Internet, and not everyone who are connected will know their way around. A good offline promotion like having your URL on your business card, bookmark or as your idea suggests: promotional pencils, will lead people to your site when they need you, hence higher conversions.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the old fashion way of networking, y'kno how they say to do that now with social media, but you can translate that to offline life, just print out business cards and in the right situations introduce yourself with it. <snip>
    Last edited by kohoutek; Apr 17, 2010 at 06:44. Reason: Removed promo link

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Offline promotion is not very cost effective as compared to online promotion. But still it is worth investing your money in. The sources of your offline promotion will depend upon the type of product / services you are providing over your website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are going to distribute your business cards, buy some that have background color and images. These are available at very reasonable prices at vistaprint.com. White cards with black printing are not memorable and usually get absorbed into card collections with others of the same kind.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A simple guide to marketing, strategic business planning, advertising and promotion and sales lead generation, for small UK businesses especially.Ensure the ethics and philosophy of your organisation are good and sound. Putting a good clear ethical philosophy in place, and communicating it wide and far lets people know that your organisation always strives to do the the right thing.
    Last edited by ralph.m; Oct 2, 2010 at 07:58. Reason: Fake signature removed - must wait 90 days.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for the "dont's", there's only one method I strongly want to warn other webmasters for : Never ever submit your sites to FFA pages and never even consider to spend money on companies that will get your link in " 75000 search engines and link pages" Haven't we all met such a service ? ) They are less than worthless.I could write a book on this matter as about every promotional method works as long as you know how to do it right. Unfortunately I don't have the time here and we all have to make a living right ... Interested webmasters can always drop me an e-mai
    Last edited by DaveMaxwell; Oct 18, 2010 at 12:55. Reason: no reason for link drop - save it for when your sig is enabled in 90 days...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    avoid wasting time, effort and money. you need to eliminate the trial and error trend usually associated with starting an online business. getting help from the professionals, though may cost you some money, will be more efficient to you in every other way.

SitePoint Enthusiast denysaputra's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    link building is the great way!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine would be promoting affiliate links on Twitter via their api.
    Now you have to have a lot of "tweets" to send there but as I work on the coupon industry ... lot of new offers everyday.
    This way I managed to get more 300.000 clicks.
    But for me more important are the sales made via this method. And I make sales.
    And the best part of the system: is all quite automated.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Delepierre View Post
    Hey fluffyskins and others,

In my opinion I think about every method can be a way to boost your traffic. There is no such thing as a magical method to increase your traffic :
    I definitely agree with this. I find that by employing various methods (ie directory submission, back link retrieval, smart content with keyword implementation, social media marketing, etc.), the best results will occur.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this thread!
    SEO is definitely the first thing to do.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks, nice thread it gave many news ideas for me..i do social bookmarking, blogs posting and article submission for my website for backlinking and getting traffic for my site..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To my mind one of the best ways of the website promotion is, first of all, a good on-site optimisation and them you can switch to off-site optimisation: use different link-building strategies (directories, social bookmarks, article submission, etc).

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    off page seo is the best way of promoting your site and i applied it for my website its a bit little time taking but you will find fruitful results.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For promotions and marketing, we have lots of social media sites, bookmarking sites, web and article directories, guest posting, forum postings and commenting on other sites. These are the basics, do them once and repeat again and again.
    Promote your Blogs now!
    Submit to
    High-Quality Directory with Deep Links.