SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it works for the kind of site you have, try writing some emails to related magazines and review websites to see if they are interested in writing an article about your site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hai

offline and online promotion methods both are usefull and effective, but we choose the method by out nature of business of our site.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Promoting your site is really difficult, I've been submitting to every site known to man, buying different advertising etc and now have almost 200 members on my <snip> site.

We are even running a contest to win a domain if you make 15 posts but nobody's really grabbing it Soo much work to be done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Content is King. Tons of content and decent SEO.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marketing Ideas

I would have to say PPC has always been a friend of mine and the sole key to the success of my business. Marketing is the most vital aspect of any business. However, marketing campaigns are sometimes taking lightly and with that are the ones who do not succeed. I decided not to take it lightly and hire professionals to aid my marketing campaign. I am working with ppcgeeks.net. I am sure you guys have heard of them. All is well and business is great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think forums' signature would be a great way to promote your site. These days I've been working on online news submit & favorite links.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Directory Submission is the best way to promote your site

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viral Marketing websites can be a good idea too.

http://www.winningfaces.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i believe linking is very very important for high ranking which is poromotion
    Free Adsense Proxy
    Solar Energy
    Free Beauty Tips

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all about a combination of methods I think. Make sure your content is relevant and your site is designed to W3C guidlines.
    Radiant Design --
    Manchester Web Design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Article distribution works for me so far.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use article distribution and blog postings.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free PDF report for download

Almost all the offers I found online for money-making and traffic increasing caused me spending money for some cheap advice.

Here's one guy who is offering a report in PDF about online business and traffic-increasing COMPLETELY FREE. Download it free here:

http://www.nabalera.com/OnlineBreakthroughReport.pdf

This guy gives you some free advice that others make you pay for.

There's no easy money-making online !
    Read this report before you get deceived by some other "well-wisher".

Taj.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a copy and past job from an old thread.

A great one a poster here told me about. I do much of it already, but I put it in my favorites on the subject of making money from volume....

ROBBY007, getting targeted traffic is not as hard as you think. The two things that got the now big sites big are advertisng and word of mouth.

If I were you, I would forget seo and link building. Seo is overrated, and hyped up anyway, and practically all who do come in from search engines don't buy. You want targeted buyers, not window shoppers who click on links all over the place, which most visitors from search engines are.

And link builing can, literally, take a lot of hours to do. You can easly find yourself putting in, God knows how many hours on something that isn't even a sure thing!

First you have to find these sites to exchange links with. Every day you have to go online and do a loooooooong search for such sites to send an email to.

Then you have to see if the site is worth exchanging links with. Then you have to send them an e-mail. At least half don't reply back, so you have to do it again! Then, if, IF they accept your link, you have to go back to many of the sites now and then to see if it is still up.

Now, imagine doing this, time after time after time after time with site after site after site...

If you have a good site, overtime you will get other webmasters linking to you anyway, you will get others talking about your site anyway by posting your url.

Do these three things, keep at it, and you can very easily have at least 100,000 hits a month before the end of summer. After all, we are talking only a little over 3,000 a day.

1. Do article marketing. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. It can even be small "how to" tips. Many of your articles can be a short three-minute read.

But first get others to critique the first few of them. Once you are in the groove of writing articles others like, you can then submit future articles without getting them critiqued.

Don't be afraid to also submit them to Yahoo, MSN, About....

Do this at least two hours a day of at least five days a week.

2. To help get word of mouth going, put in a short, "send to a friend" form on your page(s). Hit them at the heat of the moment.

3. ADVERTISE! If you want a lot of hits, there is no other way around this.

Again, get others to critique your ads. Would they click on them?

Start with search engines.

Most of these may not work for you, but try them anyway.

Google
    MSN
    Yahoo
    Ask (AskJeeves)
    AltaVista
    MetaSpider
    Vivisimo
    PlanetSearch
    SurfWax
    qbSearch
    ProFusion
    Proteus
    Go2Net
    MegaGo.com
    WebFile
    MyGO
    MegaCrawler
    Jayde
    Burf
    Search-O-Rama
    Cipinet
    InfoTiger
    G7K
    TowerSearch
    RealTech Miva
    Chitika
    VCM
    LookSmart
    NnSeek
    iWon.com
    Exactseek
    Jayde
    ScrubTheWeb
    Search.com
    MetaCrawler
    Dogpile
    Mamma
    C4
    Canada.com
    Ixquick
    Infogrid
    Query Server
    WebInfoSearch
    800go
    Debriefing
    Highway 61
    SearchAve
    Aesop
    GoTo
    Mixcat
    Abacho
    Igwanna
    SearchEngine
    Find
    Once Search-The-World
    Beamed
    SearchPixie
    GoClick
    Abcsearch
    Pageseeker
    Lycos
    Insite
    SearchFeed
    411Web
    GenieKnows
    Searchfeed
    Search123
    A9com
    FreeEmail123
    Amfibi
    37.com
    OneSeek
    WebSquash

You also have pay-per-click services: TextLinkAds, TrafficSwarm, CasaleMedia.com, FastClick, BurstMedia, FC, TribalFusion, Azoogle, CPA Empire, GlobalInteractive, AdBrite, Adengage, RealMedia, Kontera, Avnads, ValueClick, Vibrant, RealTechNetwork, Dotomi….

Even if you made, say, $50 a month from each source, if you have 100 sources, that's $5,000!

If it's only a measely $25 with, say, only 50 sources, it is still $1,250. Over $300 a week.

That's how the big sites make a lot of money. They make it through volume!

Get an advertising campaign going. Set up an office in your home and make that your little advertising department.

Combine that with word of mouth, article marketing, and, also submitting stuff to networks, like DIGG, and using other free methods out there, it can and will add up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    social bookmarking, forums and directories are good ways to promote site

Articles with links in them can also be useful

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I think Submission in Directory and Article Submission is best way to get traffic. You can also use Blogging too.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a great idea. Keep going!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Video Marketing - My #1 Method for FREE Leads & Fast Targeted Traffic

Hey Everyone

Let me share how I get Tons of targeted traffic fast WITHOUT SPENDING A DIME!

Video Marketing!

I get over 50 ‘Optins’ (good leads) a day to my website. The leads produce new reps and sales… It’s an incredibly profitable strategy that anyone can follow….

I got to 50 Optins a day within 60 days and it took me about 1 hour per day. That’s probably from about 200-300 Website hits per day (That would cost you over $2000 a month with PPC)

This increases with time because video is content and Google loves content. It’s faster to get indexed than article marketing and people just love watching videos. Many of my fellow marketers concur that video is giving them their highest conversions from traffic-sales… Here’s a Step By Step Guide on How to Get Lots of Video Traffic

1. Set Up a YouTube Account
    ----------------------------------------
    YouTube is the #2 visited website after Google. Google owns it and ranks YouTube videos VERY highly. I have gotten my videos on page 1 within 6 hours, producing an avalanche of quick traffic

Here’s a great tutorial, but one thing has changed, you can't do 20 minute video's anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKtNkZhKHSE

2. Set Up a www.TubeMogul.com Account (Free)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    This will distribute your videos to about 20 other video sharing sites at once. The traffic is not as great as Youtube, but all free traffic is good and it’s a 10 minute upload each day to 20 sites!

3. Make your videos
    -----------------------------
    I personally use a digital camera, but you can use video cameras, web-cams, cell-phones etc (anything that records video)

Keep it under 100mb so you can upload it

Now here is a tutorial on how to upload your video to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNqwVyFSqcE

"Gregg what should my first video be about?"

Your first video should be your story and how you can help someone with your products, service or business opportunity.. for example

“Hi my name is _______ contributing author of www.xyz.com...

I created this video to find like minded people who are frustrated trying to make money from home and want to know the secrets of making $10k per month. I will get back to that later first let me tell you a little about myself.

(Next go into your background and interests..Then talk about your main frustrations you have had trying to make money online...
    Then solve the problem)

I found this guy on YouTube showing me how to make money online, he took me by the hand and step by step showed me how to create video's advertise my business worldwide for free.

Now my life is a dream, I will now be able to achieve my dream of making $10k from home because now I make $XXXX Per Sale or $XXXX Per Month marketing my www.xyz.com website and I would love to show you what we are doing and exactly how I can help you with your X, Y, Z Challenges"

BIG Tip – The X, Y and Z challenges should be in your description and keyword tags too)

If You aren’t yet making $XXXX per Month, simply talk about the amount per sale of your product or service…. Or you can talk about your mentor’s success or even the success of the guy that you bought that particular product from… It’s all about stories of how real live people used your product to go from X to Y (It doesn’t matter if it’s your own story or someone elses)

At the end make sure you have a strong call to action telling them to visit your website to get further details on how they can solve their X, Y and Z challenges (You need to repeat the pain/s + your solution)

See how I do this on any of my videos. I only put this channel up yesterday… I still have work to do on it

http://uk.youtube.com/SponsoringSuccess

Always put your web address in the video. I use Windows Movie maker for this… it’s already on your PC and you can add sound files, music… It’s very easy to use

Start > Programs > Accessories > Windows Movie Maker

4. Great ideas for video content
    ----------------------------------------

1. How your product will help someone go from X (pain) to Y (solution / pleasure)

2. Your story and how you went from X to Y or how you helped someone else go from X to Y

3. What (Guru) taught you about X

People search for gurus on Google. Your video will show up if you use their name in the Title, Description & Keywords. See how I do this here

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Mv13G1IdM

Think about all the gurus and what you have learned from them just buy reading their books / audio etc. many people are followers of these gurus and will connect with you and your product/service because YOU TOO follow that guru and it made you successful

“What I learned from Anthony Robbins that help me make $XXXXX a Month”
    “What I learned from Internet Marketing Guru Mr X that helped me make $XXXXX a Month”
    “Guru X’s dirty secrets that helped me put $XXX in my pocket for just 2 hours work”

5. Titles, Tags, Descriptions, Keywords
    --------------------------------------------------

- Do your keyword research first
    - Put the keywords in the video titles, tags and in your description
    - Put your URL at the top of your description. You must use http://

Look closely at my tags where it says ‘more info’ next to the date. You will see how to properly optimize with RELEVANT KEYWORDS and not overload with tags that are of no relevance

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5GrVHkLL-Cs

6. Have fun, be real and don’t try to be a ‘Polished Presenter’
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

When I started doing videos, I used to waste so much time writing scripts and wearing by best shirt so I would look good…. Big mistake!

I soon learned that I get a much better response when I am just looking REAL, having a blast and not trying to present like some prime-time newsreader

If you look too slick, people think that you are so good, that’s why you are making the money and they will never think they can be as good as you… And they are less likely to buy your product

Be real and normal!

If you work in your shorts, then great… shoot a video of you in your shorts.

It’s GREAT when you ramble and flummox your words. People can relate to that. They go “Yeah I do that too” and they TRUST you… Which is one of the most important factors in people buying your products!

7. It’s all about valuable content – Get it out there as fast as you can
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

I’m now doing 3-4 videos a day and my traffic is starting to explode…So don’t worry about getting it perfect, just get it going… The only way to get good at videos is to do lots of them

Like I was, you will probably be poor to start with, then you get better... The more you do, the more you find you have to say

Videos are just another form of marketing and communicating your value to your market. It’s no different than writing a sales letter on a website.

- It’s more fun
    - It produces a lot of highly targeted traffic that grows in time
    - It’s free and produces revenue and sales (nothing better)

I’ll put up some more tips soon, but in the meanwhile take up my challenge of doing 1 video each day for the next 90 days and watch your traffic and sales go nuts!

It would be great if any other members could post their successes and/or challenges with Video marketing for driving targeted traffic to their sites

How's it working for everyone else?

Gregg
    Sick Of Chasing Leads? Become The Hunted.
    Get Paid To Prospect! Free Video Series

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just launched a website selling Sex Toys,.

i have done all the internal SEO... Now building backlinks. I tried Google PPC but was too expensive. i am now getting sales from Yahoo but it is not doing great, what other methods can i use ? i am using a PR company to send press releases but this hasent been great.

Any ideas ?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I agree that content is king.
    Always important to provide quality writing for your visitors.
    That will then hook them for whatever it is you are trying to offer them!
    Self-Help Guides - Improve Your Life
    Travel Agent Business - Become a Travel Agent
    Tutoring - Tutoring
    Term Papers - Term Paper Help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dethfire View Post
    Depending on your site, I think offline promotion is very underrated. When I was finished working on my school districts site not many people came in and looked around. SO since my target audience filled a 20 mile radius I decieded some offline promotion was needed. I found a place that would make me 1000 pencils with our name and URL printed on them for a real cheap price. I also bought 500 buisness cards avertising the site and district. I handed them out to all the schools and placed them out during conferences. People gobbled them up like crazy and soon big things started to happen. We increased out hits from 300/d to 1500/d and got a few articles in the news. Thats all for now, maybe I'll post more later.
    Dethfire : Oh well. Sounds great...Looks like what experts said was right "Spend to earn"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Straight SEO... you do it right and after a while you're making 100&#37; passive income. No work required.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffykins View Post
    Greetings one and all.

Why don't we start a thread listing our favourite and most successful promotional techniques, hints and tips. Everyone has them, so what are your proven methods for making your site's counter spin?

We want to hear your ideas, your experiences, your successes and your failures. What worked for you? What didn't? When it didn't work, what did you do about it?

Let's share our hints, tips and techniques with the rest of the community. The best tips will be included in the SitePoint Tipfeed, your name and URL could go out to millions!

Ady
    Absolutely Amazing Thread, THANKS!! I don't think anyone has mentioned this site but I want to put in a plug for http://www.Twitter.com

Your first reaction might be 'Go Away!' and I have to admit that I thought that Twitter was really silly to begin with! No man worth His salt is goint to tweet day in and day out right!?

Well, let me tell You, in a very short space of time I am receving a HUGE amount of traffic from my Twitter posts (URL linked!) And it is Quality traffic too! The bounce rate is amazing, Twitterers are STAYING on my site! I Love it!

So, don't let anyone tell You how 'naff' Twitter is again please! It is like a huge Micro Blog and it is a whole lot of fun! Give it a try! Regards, Dave.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum signature and guest blog posting

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very usefull Thankyou