SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it ok to post the same question on several forums?

We all know that sitepoint is the best all-around forum for people dealing with webdesign, hosting, seo, selling online etc. Many posters here are also members of other forums like WHT, hosthideout, searchenginewatch etc.

How do you feel about posting the same question on 2 or 3 forums to get more feedback?

Would that be ok in your opinion - or does it annoy you reading the same post you already read on another forum again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cross posting is not allowed here. IMO, it's just annoying to have multiple copies of a thread

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply!

I read 3-4 forums daily (sitepoint, WHT, hosthideout, searchenginewatch ... and some more, if I have time) and find more and more identical threads on different boards which I personally don't appreciate. So, I'm not the only one getting annoyed by this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting on other forums - as it different domain right? I don't care. I think it's good actually, you reach a wider audience. I like seeing the same post on more than one forum, shows that some people have the same interests as you.

-Pete

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's nothing wrong at all about posting the same question on different message boards. Almost every time you get different answers on different boards. Some times you might not even get an answer unless you post on more than one board.

Quote Originally Posted by astericks
    Cross posting is not allowed here. IMO, it's just annoying to have multiple copies of a thread
    Making a post on WebmasterWorld, then Geek/Talk, then SEOChat, then SEOTown, then SitePoint, then WebSitePublisher, then SEO Guy, then ABestWeb, then.... is not cross posting at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't see anything wrong with it as long as the post isn't of the spammy sort. But there might be some whiney people who don't like it.

--ed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're looking for answers, then by all means cover all ground. If that means asking the same question in more than one forum then do it.

Even if it wasn't okay - How could it be enforced? You could have a different username for each, and word each post differently - then it'd be merely a coincidence