User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definite "insert at carret" function?

Hi all
    I've been trying to find a javascript function to insert text in a textarea at the insertion point and via a button, or to add code (like opening and closing tags) around a selected text in a text area, via a button.
    I've found many scripts that pretend to work, but they don't seem to work here on Safari or any Mac Browser.
    I was wondering if there was a definite, cross-browser and cross-platform solution for this.

If not, the "guided Mode" in this very forum when you type a new message seems to work nicely, so I took a look at the page's source code, but there's so much in there - I couldn't find my way to the specific script that would do just that...

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the Edit features of your browser to search for all "script" tags on the source page. If you see something like this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="clientscript/vbulletin_quickreply.js"></script>

that means the html page is linking to an external javascript file. To see the file, paste the 'src' into your browser's address bar preceded by:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/