SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Controlling how a window looks.

I've spent some time searching through the forum and the internet. I know this can be done. I did it in the past and now I have forgotten it seems.

How do you turn off the menu bar, toolbar and address bar of a browser window?

I don't want it to be a pop up. I will be calling an HTML file from an Autorun.inf on a CD and I want it to open a browser window without any toolbars, navigation, address bar, ect. I just want a clean window of 800x600 size when the HTML file opens.

Can anyone jog my memory a little. I know all the options to turn it off and make it whatever size I want I am just not sure how to get the file to open the way I want it.

Thanks

JRF2k
    Man can learn nothing except by going from the known to the the unknown. -- Claude Bernard

SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy dc dalton's Avatar
    Right behind you, watching, always watching.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    code it like this:
    Code:
    function openStdWindow(url)	 {
    	window.open(url,"Link","toolbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,width=650,height=450,left=30,top=80");
    	}
    0 - means NO 1 means yes and the number are self explanatory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTW, the url is the page you want to open in the new window and the "link" is the name of the window ........ if you want to open more than one at a time they HAVE to be named differently

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try again dc:
    I don't want it to be a pop up.
    How do you turn off the menu bar, toolbar and address bar of a browser window?
    As far as I know you can't. Why should you be able to? Do you think a user wants you messing around with their browser?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That works if I have a window open already. I am looking to call, say, index.html and when it loads up it doesn't have the toolbars and address bar. It seems though that this is not possible.
    Man can learn nothing except by going from the known to the the unknown. -- Claude Bernard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOPS missed that line - as far as I know YOU have to initialize the window via a window.open to be able to "play with it" ......... so a popup is probably only the way to do it....... something like target="blank" doesnt allow you to "play"

sorry I missed that line ............ it happens