SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

getting back into web design

i started making webpages in 1996 using tables and frames. i then was forced by my employer to use Frontpage in 1998. then i switched jobs and started using Homesite to do my coding.

i haven't developed a website since 2001 and now i'm looking to get back into for a series of sites i wish to develop. my current site "works" if you only use Firefox. the layout is very basic, but easy to navigate.

i did all the coding using notepad and edited the images in Photoshop CS. i want to go to the next level but have no clue how. any suggestions on how to go from plain but effective to elegant and commanding?

-steve

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    steal some design cues from other sites you like- check out css and php maybe they are worth a look at.

If you need some links feel free to ask- but there are so many i find google a good start.
    Michael D'Angelo
    mdangelo@mdangelo.com
    Free Link Popularity, www.expirednic.com
    Macintosh Webmaster Information, www.webmastermac.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdangelo
    steal some design cues from other sites you like- check out css and php maybe they are worth a look at.

If you need some links feel free to ask- but there are so many i find google a good start.
    i wrote my current site using css, and would like to explore php. i am running my own webserver, so setting up php is not a problem. i'm working on a layout right now, based on a few things i like. deconstruction is the difficult part - i'm very new to css and have no clue where to get on the php train.

i'm google php and see where that takes me.

-steve

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey- best of luck- by teh way I wanted to include teh below link as i find myself there often. Also if youw ant to specific help you can feel free to email me images and I will tell you what I think or some ideas on how to make it into a site (if those are suggestions you need)

My personal site is nothing- I havent worked on it in quite somne time- because it provides me no money- been more busy on my own business site and some other projects.

try http://www.phpbuilder.com/
    great resouvce in my oppinion

Keep posting or email me if you need any help.
    Michael D'Angelo
    mdangelo@mdangelo.com
    Free Link Popularity, www.expirednic.com
    Macintosh Webmaster Information, www.webmastermac.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as a selftaught man, stealing and adapting is the quickest way to learn...
    currently I am a big fan of WordPress, very nice code and very well customizable... just a hint!
    Better known as ipears