SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

You want what? By when?? Milamber's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have made a mailing list that for whatever reason, takes 25 seconds to email 25 people (there are a bunch of str_replaces... 7 i think + database interaction)

Anywho, I can't figure our how to get the processing time down to something decent. SO this is what I would like to do:

The people hit the send to list button...

About 20 seconds later they get a page that says:
    "20 Messages sent, sending next 20..."

And then the page meta-refreshes and the next set of emails are sent out.

This can be done I am sure, but the only thing I worry about is that I don't know the right mysql commands to get the first 10, then 11-20, and then 21-30 etc. And the database does have an ID field, but each entry ALSO has a "type" field and so i want to send (on mass) to the people in the same "type" field, and those people aren't always in sequential order (ie 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc)

Any ideas? Is meta-refresh the way to go? How to carry the variables through? Cookies maybe?

Thanks mucho!
    -Jeff Minard | jrm.cc - Battlefield 2 Stats

buried in the database shell (Washington, DC)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as a suggestion -- that seems incredibly slow; the only part I could comment on would be the database side.

Could you post your SQL Query that is pulling the information back and the table schema (e.g. CREATE TABLE bob) and of course any indexes you have.