SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Git-R-Done
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! Element K tip screwed up my Windoze box!

I followed the tip from Element K and did the following and not only does it not work but it screwed up my Windows Explorer so when I double click on any folder it pops up with a Search window instead of opening the folder and letting me view it's contents. The only way I can view them is if I right click and select Open. I tried following the steps and deleting the Print Folder Listing entry but the delete button is greyed out. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Add an option to print a list of a folder's files to Windows Explorer

If you want to be able to print a list of the files in a particular folder, you can do so by creating a short batch file and then associating it with file folders. To do so, begin by creating the following batch file in Notepad:

@echo off
    dir %1 /-p /o:gn > "%temp%\filelist"
    start /w notepad /p "%temp%\filelist"
    del "%temp%\filelist"
    exit

Save this batch file as dir.bat and place it in the Windows folder. Next, start Windows Explorer. Choose Tools | Folder Options to open the Folder Options dialog box. Select the File Types tab. In the list of file types, scroll down and select the File Folder file type. (This file type will have "N/A" for its
    extension.) Click Advanced, and then click New.

In the Action text box, type Print Folder Listing. In the Application Used To Perform Action text box, type dir.bat and click OK. Click OK, and then click Close to close the Folder Options dialog box. To print a list of a folder's contents, right-click on the folder and choose Print Folder Listing.
    John Saunders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried searching Annoyances?

Git-R-Done
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply. I ended up just going into the registry and deleting the key for the Search.
    John Saunders