User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Ran AAse can connect to internet but NO browsing

Ran AAse can connect to internet but NO browsing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This machine's been hijacked bigtime. (I think)
    Ran Norton's - no viruses (CURRENT virus updates, minimal adware.risk)
    After installing Adaware SE, I ran Adaware SE. During the first few seconds, NT authority came up with a RPC service term., quarantined what I could the first few seconds. "Restarted" machine, Adaware SE finished it's scan, quarantined the rest of the "files". Went to connect to the Internet (dial-up, only settings are DNS assigned) can connect just fine. BUT cannot go ANYWHERE, no browser page, no email, no nothing. There is NO firewall on this computer (running Windows XP, but have not installed SP2 yet.) I un-quarantined files, DID not make a difference after restarting the machine, so I had to do a system restore to right before I installed Adaware SE (glad I made that restore point!)
    I have never used or seen Hijack this, but obviously I'm going to have to use it! Please help!!! This computer I know has about every search bar and IE tweak there is....

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Run the hijack this program. It will show you a list from where you can select what to fix. Post the list, some people here might point out some items on it that should be removed...