SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Delay in computer loading up

Only been having this problem recently, for about 3 weeks and i've eventually got round to trying to fix it.

I turn the computer on and it loads up normally and comes onto the login screen. I enter the correct password and the comp begins to load, the small window with 'Loading Personal Settings (or something similar)' appears. The computer stays on this screen for around 3 minutes, the cursor and window can both me moved and nothing appears different that usual. Originally Windows would load within a few seconds, i'm kind of puzzled as i haven't changed anything to do with the system that i can think of.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as its starting to get very annoying now .

Thanks,

Chris

SitePoint Wizard megamanXplosion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I recall correctly, many people reported that the login sound was the culprit of their unusually slow boots. Go to Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Switch to the "Sounds" tab -> Find the "Windows Logon" sound in the selection box and select it -> Use the dropdown selection box to choose "None" -> Press "OK." Then restart and see if the issue persists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strart--run--msconfig
    there under services disable stuff u dont need